Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sirens in Dublin

Options
  • 23-02-2011 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody in Dublin City Center hear the constant beeping of horns and what not? What's that about?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

Now or in general? If you mean in general welcome to the city, it's always noisy around town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Fago! wrote: »
    Anybody in Dublin City Center hear the constant beeping of horns and what not? What's that about?

Go see a doctor OP, that's tinnitus.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭EriT

I can here it too. Anybody now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 George79

I'm hearing it alright but no clue what it's about. Helicopter around now too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Now or in general? If you mean in general welcome to the city, it's always noisy around town.

No right now haha. I know Dublin's mad noisy but not that noisy. Must be some sort of protest on or something.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Moved From AH

No right now haha. I know Dublin's mad noisy but not that noisy. Must be some sort of protest on or something.

http://www.indymedia.ie/article/98953

There you go. I suppose that's it.

I know it's a bit far away from town but could be it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

isnt some group marching on leinster house today or something or was that yesterday - cant keep with them

anyway, helicopter is around merrion square at the moment

Edit: can hear the sirens now

• Registered Users Posts: 12 glow

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭beefjerky

yeah just on Nassau St, sounds more like loads of car horns or air horns than sirens :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭VW 1

Yep just drove past my office, trucks beeping horns in protest at carbon tax and high fuel prices judging by the banners on the front of their cabs!

Eh... how bad is it around town? On the north side I mean. I was gonna go shopping today but might leave it. Mostly o connell street/henry street area.

P.S., I can hear some now around Dorest Street, well one or two for about five seconds about a minute ago.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Indymedia blocked in work - what does the link say?

glow wrote: »

must be one of those. Nice one lads.

It's not THAT bad. I suppose it could be worse the closer you are

irishbird wrote: »
    Indymedia blocked in work - what does the link say?

It says:

Take Part in ARAN's Peaceful Protest at Fine Gael HQ
    category dublin | animal rights | event notice author Wednesday February 16, 2011 23:08author by ARAN - Animal Rights Action Networkauthor email arancampaigns at eircom dot net Report this post to the editors

Fine Gael are to repeal the Ward Union hunt ban legislation should they get into government, which looks increasingly likely. However, we’re not letting this distressing news go unnoticed, and, we certainly won’t take this news lying down without fighting the animals’ corner. We’re going to ensure the ban stays in place, but we can’t do it alone.

Mark your diary now and pledge to stand for the hunted deer and Ireland’s wildlife and take part in ARAN’s large, lively and peaceful demonstration that we’ve planned for next week with details below. We’ll provide banners and placards for you to hold, so please be sure to RSVP your attendance!

Date: Wednesday, February 23, 2011
    Place: Fine Gael Headquarters, 51 Upper Mount Street, Dublin 2
    Time: 6pm sharp (arrive before hand if possible)

Our demonstration comes at a critical time with less than 48 hours after the event to election time. It’s vital that we have a strong turn-out for our efforts to ensure that Fine Gael dump their original plan to bring back the Ward Union hunt. In the meantime, you can help make our demonstration a huge success—take time out now and next week to encourage all your friends and family to take just two hours out of their time to be there.

Encourage everyone on Facebook and cross post this message far and wide. Next Wednesday ARAN will intend on showing Fine Gael that there are people out there—many people—who give a damn—who give a damn about helping animals.

must be one of those. Nice one lads.

It's not THAT bad. I suppose it could be worse the closer you are

I can't believe it's a bunch of bloomin' donegal heads making the ruckus. :D

I can't believe it's a bunch of bloomin' donegal heads making the ruckus. :D

I know. The rascals. If it weren't for their sexy accent, I'd send a strongly worded letter to them...yes all of donegal :pac:

Well it seems to have stopped now.

I know. The rascals. If it weren't for their sexy accent, I'd send a strongly worded letter to them...yes all of donegal :pac:

Well it seems to have stopped now.

Just give them a time out, tell them to take their noisy trucks to the corner if they can't play nice. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

Was some racket in fairness! Nice to find out what it was. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭smurfy89

Heard them going through Sligo the other night too.. was wondering what was going on! :)

Advertisement