Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my phone barred?

Options
  • 23-02-2011 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

Have a damaged Samsung Galaxy that the insurance company replaced but never sought the old one.Ive gone on CheckMend which checks a phones IMEI status and it says phone is not barred or blacklisted.Anyone know if this is 100% reliable and would it be worth getting phone fixed??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭mickob16

No mick your phone is not blocked!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

Put your sim card in it, if you can make a call, its not blocked

????

The screen is broken so no way of knowing if it barred unless i get it fixed.Thats why i asked my original question.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 loreanatus

You'll need another interface to interact with your phone. Your laptop/pc is the obvious choice.
    Ask yourself the following:
    - Without using the screen, can I tether (with USB cable) my Galaxy to a laptop for Internet browsing?
    - Can I get software that will allow me to dial/sms from my laptop?

Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭dsrckiyisvddht

Download the android SDK and launch Dalvik Debug Monitor Server (DDMS) and it has a screen cpture function that should allow you to view the screen. You'll have to keep refreshing the screen though as it only takes pictures

Advertisement