Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stair Parts for DIY project

• 23-02-2011 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'd like to build some stairs to my attic and I'm having a bit of a hard time to find the right materials for the stringers.

The stairs will be about 4m long with 21.86cm risers and aprox. 24.5cm treads. Therefore the stringers have to be around 30cm wide. While there are no issues with the thickness and lengths of timber the width seems to be generally limited to 22.5cm
    If I'd have to go for the smaller stringers then it would require some kind of a bracket system for the treads which I'd like to avoid.

Any suggestion on where to get the materials for the stringers and about any alternatives would be very welcome.

Thanks,
    H.

Advertisement