Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Amstrad HD box freezing up every day

Options
  • 23-02-2011 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭

We got a Sky Amstrad HD box last November (DRX890 500gb) and lately every morning the box freezes up when changing over channels so if you change from 501 sky news to BBC1 141 it changes over to 141 but the banner stays at the bottom of the screen and although you can still watch bbc1 the banner still stays there and then after a while the screen goes blue and pressing anything on the remote or front buttons dont have any effect and the power LED goes orange the only thing to do is pull the power lead out of the back of the amstrad box, we are having to do this every day now. Throughout the day the box works normally as should do and turn over channels fine, records good and everything so i dont think its hard drive issue. Hubby thinks it might have started acting up after he turned OFF auto standby in the menu which normally puts box into standby at 1am in the morning, he tells me he has also done a restore where you hold backup button as powering up the sky box and waiting 10 minutes with white writing on black screen. Anyone have any ideas please?

Details:
    model number SYSF26.59.01
    version number 4F3105
    EPG Version 40.0.14.1
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Don't have an answer for this but aren't you covered by a 1 year warranty?

I put my Sky box into standby every night - I think its better to leave your box in standby at night time to allow for any downloads - Anytime etc.

Advertisement