Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voucher for closed hotel

Options
  • 23-02-2011 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭

€300 voucher for a closed hotel.

Is there any comeback?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Not really, unless it's part of a chain maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Was it bought by credit card or cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

dudara wrote: »
    Was it bought by credit card or cash?

Will find out and come back. It was a gift bought in December and the hotel appears to have gone kaput in early January. All contact details are not being answered.

@spurious, not a chain unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

There's pretty much no comeback from something like that. A credit card refund may be possible, but I don't know if that's always the case. I guess it depends on who has the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

What Hotel was it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

What Hotel was it?

Does that really matter or change the principle involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

The question was asked for a simple reason.
    If somebody offered a voucher for the same hotel on another site for sale, it might help to know that the Hotel is now closed.
    I for one don't know all the hotels that are currently closed for business these days and it would be a help to know at least one of them.
    Just thought it would be helpful info for someone out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Just as an FYI - I have no problem with naming the hotel name in this case. Sharing the name may help someone else in the same boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Has a receiver been appointed or was it would down?

Technically you are a creditor and you can lodge this with the receiver. However, you'll be well down the pecking order and you'll probably get nothing.

It would be worth writing in as it's possible that the hotel could have closed in an orderly fashion and you might get a refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Does that really matter or change the principle involved?

It can help clarify the situation. If its part of a group, perhaps, it may be useable elsewhere. The more details, the better

• Advertisement
Advertisement