Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Question

• 23-02-2011 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Wondering can you help, Just after getting UPC the 120GB monthly usage package.
    Just say we go over the 120GB limit, does the internet cut off or are we given a warning saying we are near the limit???

And I'm guessing 120GB is a lot! Sorry not the best when it comes to these kind of stuff.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭RedXIV

It depends on how much you break the limit by it seems.

If you have a 120GB limit and download 123GB, nothing seems to happen, however if you do like i did with a 250GB limit and download 900GB they will send you a letter and upgrade you to their max package which is around €80 a month until your usage goes under 120GB again.

If you're not downloading alot of movies, games etc 120GB is loads. a DVD quality movie is about 0.7 of a GB if that helps?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭I'm listening

RedXIV wrote: »
    a DVD quality movie is about 0.7 of a GB if that helps?

Hi Red, That's great, thanks.

My only fear was with streaming videos. Don't download music or movies.

Cheers

Hi Red, That's great, thanks.

My only fear was with streaming videos. Don't download music or movies.

Cheers

Unless you were streaming HD videos pretty much all the time you should be fine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

RedXIV wrote: »
    you do like i did with a 250GB limit and download 900GB they will send you a letter and upgrade you to their max package

Out of curiosity ...what the hell did you download to max at 900GB :eek:

mixednuts wrote: »
    Out of curiosity ...what the hell did you download to max at 900GB :eek:

Well technically UPC "download" limit is upload and download. I downloaded a fairly big file through uTorrent and it seeded itself something like 400 times before I remembered to take it off :o

download for me was actually quite small, it was the upload that caught me out

• Advertisement
Advertisement