Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Multi-Region Blu Ray player

• 23-02-2011 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hey guys

Can anyone recommend a multi-region blu ray player? Ideally something with very good picture quality, but doesn't cost crazy money! I've an AV receiver that can decode all HD sound so not too bothered about it being able to do that?

I love the feature list on something like the Oppo BDP-93 (although 3D isn't something I can use) but I dont think it is multi-region.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

As far as I know multi-region or non region lock Blue ray players are hen's teeth. All the big named brands Samsung, Sony, Phillips et al are locked and unlocking doesn't seem as guaranteed as it was with DVD players. You can get non-region locked ones but you're looking at no name/generic named players either in the likes of a Lidl or something or via internet.

Is there a difference in picture quality with blue ray players? Surely it's the source that counts ie. the blue ray disc.

Advertisement