Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Be careful who you give your PC/Laptop to for repair....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

wet-paint wrote: »
    They're different guys. It's strange, I've only ever had good service from the Woodquay guys. They're extremely nice, gave me cost price kit, and when I had to bring my laptop out to Terryland as they themselves wouldn't handle the taking apart and soldering aspect of it, it was done in two days to my perfect satisfaction.

WP - I suppose like anything in life, we tend to only hear the bad things. I don't doubt that they're not all bad, just the feedback I got was

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭cianof

Long story short, I found out what the problem was and laptop is fine now. The first guy clearly didn't have a clue what he was looking for. Initially I thought it was a fried capacitor that would die when it got hot (it didn't turn out to be that in the end)

What was wrong with the laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I'm on about Android app development tutorials, linux tutorials, server tutorials etc.

Down with the gaming/dorky sh1te, and up with the interesting stuff :D
    ZRelation wrote: »
    Ditto....gotta say great job on getting the tutorials going, really wish I had the time in the evenings to get along to them!

Sound guys. If ye ever get a chance to stop by, give me a shout to let me know it's ye :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Guys, can you name the company thats recommended in Woodquay and there prices on PC and Laptop repairs ? cheers..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Go here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056192796
    See first thread "Laptop Repair".
    You can also enter Galway in the Search this Forum box.

The reason I'm asking you to do this is that these threads most always turn into help desk sessions and the guys there can do initial trouble shooting and then direct you to a place.

If you want to start a thread there post model and what lights are on/off etc and what you've already done to try to figure it out.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement