Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registere Professional Association

Options
  • 23-02-2011 3:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39

Hi there.

I did a search on this forum and only found reference to Sports Association.

I would like to register a business or non-profit association. The idea is to have a membership fee but without making money on it, just covering administration cost. Members will be sole-traders and companies.

I haven't found a form on CRO website or any detailed explanation which category this Association will fall into in terms of registration and paperwork involved.

Can anybody please help me to move forward with this?

1. What is the best registration option for this type of association?
    2. If I already have a limited company, will it be enough to simply add a business name something like XXX YYY Association?
    3. Will I have to charge VAT to members? Does Non-Profit making apply?
    4. Where do "7 members" get involved? Do I still need them if I register a ltd company with the name XXX YYY Association?
    I just want to get it right, that's why asking so many questions :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭nompere

There are legal questions, accountancy questions and tax questions in this. Getting it wrong will be expensive for all involved - go and get advice. Real professionals won't mind paying someone to get it done properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

nompere wrote: »
    There are legal questions, accountancy questions and tax questions in this. Getting it wrong will be expensive for all involved - go and get advice. Real professionals won't mind paying someone to get it done properly.
    +1, if you ve no clue go get professional advice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 fproviders

I wanted to see if there is someone who registered an association apart from Sports to share their expereince.

Advertisement