Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinking of doing a course with photographyinstitute.ie

• 23-02-2011 3:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭

Folks

Question may have been answered before, but I am in Paris ATM and search is a pain. Just wondering if anyone has done a course with them and if so, how did you find it?

Thanks

Join Ireland Weather Network

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

why not have a look at other threads on the same subject ...did you search boards for "the photography institute" ? ...I dont want to sound rude but these kind of threads pop up every so often and more often than not its someone trying to "help a friend by advertising their business"

Personally - I don't know them, I have been working as a professional photographer for over 10years mainly in Dublin and never came across the name until a few months ago.(on boards)...like many others have said in the past - you would be better off learning by becoming part of the boards photo community and/or joining your local camera club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I am aware that it may have been discussed before but as I am on my iPhone in Paris, search is a pain, will search that term

I am looking to go beyond the holiday picture taking and get more knowledge. As I work nights, evening courses are not an option.

And no I am not trying to advertise, I just want to grow my knowledge.

Thanks for the input

Ok, did a search and came across a thread you were involved in where you got a reply from them. Enough to keep my money in my pocket. That is the reason I asked. Yes should have searched but I only have partial access here and no wifi :(. Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

it is confusing with names - but everyone here has good experiences with IoP - Institut of Photography - run by Dave - try them , otherwise havnt a clue about photographyinstitute

My problem is that I am in Galway and work nights on a changing roster so getting to Dublin is hard. I have seen good things about the iop and maybe I need to look to do a weekend course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Have you looked at Galway Camera Club?/. Looks like they run courses?

I know several members of the club, my problem is that I work nights on a chafing roster, I never work the same shift 2 weeks in a row and my roster can change almost daily. That was why I was looking at an online course

Advertisement