Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can Multiple Users on One Laptop Access All the Music, Photos, etc On The Hard Drive?

• 23-02-2011 3:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've searched on here and on my laptop but found nothing to really help me.

We've had one password-protected account since we got the laptop two years ago. The whole family uses this account, but I've set up two more accounts - one for me and one for the kids (account we've been using is my wife's).

All of the music, photos, web favourites, files, folders, documents, projects, etc, seem to only be accessible when logged in on my wife's account.

Surely there's a simple way all three accounts can access the contents of the laptop's hard drive? Damned if I can find it.

Thanks for any replies,

Mark

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Put them into the public folders
    or
    Share the folders with the other users

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

Thanks Dacelonid.

Just landed on the "share" button half an hour ago.

There's stuff i don't want in public folders, and I've shared all the folders I want with my new account name, and copied & emailed the links to myself.

I then logged in as my own account, accessed my gmail, tried the links, but nothing's happening - I get a message "cannot find 'file//XXXXXXXXXX'. Make sure the path or internet address is correct."

I'll keep plugging at it till I see what I'm doing wrong.

Mark

Advertisement