Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found somewhere to rent - a question for you

Options
  • 23-02-2011 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Someone might be able to help/answer this for me.

All going well I will be moving in the start of March, at the moment family member is renting another place but plans to move into the house with me in June.

Now for the tricky bit! The person she is renting from is the estate agent that I found the house I want to rent through. I was unable to tell the estate agent that she will be moving in with me as i am afraid it would cause problems if he was to know at this stage that she would be moving in a few months (they have no contract signed, she never signed it and he never mentioned it)

If I sign my contract/lease in the next 2 weeks and then advise my landlord in May that I have somebody to rent with me, will this cause problems? I dont have an issue either way when she moves in with what way the rent is paid i.e I will be paying €700 a month until she moves in, then it will be split between us. Either I leave the full standing order coming out of my account into landlords (and she gives me her share) or cancel the standing order and both pay separate standing order into his account?

Thanks for any advice that can be offered.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

tartlet wrote: »
    Someone might be able to help/answer this for me.

All going well I will be moving in the start of March, at the moment family member is renting another place but plans to move into the house with me in June.

Now for the tricky bit! The person she is renting from is the estate agent that I found the house I want to rent through. I was unable to tell the estate agent that she will be moving in with me as i am afraid it would cause problems if he was to know at this stage that she would be moving in a few months (they have no contract signed, she never signed it and he never mentioned it)

If I sign my contract/lease in the next 2 weeks and then advise my landlord in May that I have somebody to rent with me, will this cause problems? I dont have an issue either way when she moves in with what way the rent is paid i.e I will be paying €700 a month until she moves in, then it will be split between us. Either I leave the full standing order coming out of my account into landlords (and she gives me her share) or cancel the standing order and both pay separate standing order into his account?

Thanks for any advice that can be offered.
    Hello,
    You sign the lease, the lease is in your name, you pay the money. Unless the lease says you can't sublet, there is no reason that you should have to tell the estate agent who is living with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

A family member moving in is hardly sub-letting, its a domestic arrangement.

Just tell them your sister / uncle / whatever is likely to be moving in / has moved in.

Advertisement