Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What ever happened to Brendan Kilkenny?

Options
  • 23-02-2011 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

anyone know what happened to him. he used to be pretty high profile, always around town and dozens of ads in the herald but nothing for years now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭Penn

He got more than his 15 minutes. Good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

He got knocked down by a moped

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I googled his name and the second result is your thread. Not much action in the showbiz world for him these days then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭this is arse

was the moped alright?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Who?

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    Who?

Brendan Kilkenny

He used to pop up at talent show auditions for a while a few years ago.
    He had no talent whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

He married blind dates Bernard McHugh and they live in Fr. Neil Horans house, as he's always away representing Ireland at sports events or simply freestyling on da streetz.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

he od'd on ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Brendan Kilkenny is a sem-fictitious character who only really comes to life when we think about him a bit like Pennywise the Clown. Thanks OP, I just know he's going to be popping up somewhere soon when :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

He's currently being sued by Howard Jones for infringement of image rights.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭dfer

I saw him up in o connell street last year, he's an eccentric character but he wouldn't harm a fly.
    I know he's not a great singer but I have a lot of respect for the man, he spends most of his days getting heckled/ridiculed by people but he always comes across as positive and enthusiastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

I saw him last year on O'Connell bridge with a tattered Tesco bag, which I assume carried all his worldly belongings. He was dressed like he fell out of 1986.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

dfer wrote: »
    I saw him up in o connell street last year, he's an eccentric character but he wouldn't harm a fly.
    I know he's not a great singer but I have a lot of respect for the man, he spends most of his days getting heckled/ridiculed by people but he always comes across a positive and enthusiastic.

Translation: He's a bit thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Or you know, he's happy in himself and doesn't give a toss what anyone else thinks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

He melted in a terrible peroxide accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

I read about him in the Aidan Walsh book of irish faux celebrities, other than that i never heard of the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭mecanoman

I'm hoping Jedward following him.....and disappear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

I saw him humping thr pillar of the GPO

Remember this clown passed me in Liverpool st station a few years back. though in one way he must feel hard done by having seen jedward make it so big. they are not alot better to be honest and they raking it in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I know he's not a great singer but I have a lot of respect for the man, he spends most of his days getting heckled/ridiculed by people but he always comes across as positive and enthusiastic.

Translation - he's a happy go-lucky fella who make's people smile - fair fvcks to the lad, wish more people had his energy and enthusiasm for life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

anyone know what happened to him. he used to be pretty high profile, always around town and dozens of ads in the herald but nothing for years now?

Hopefully he swimming with the fishes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭dfer

And so what if he is? He's not the one that goes around judging people/making stupid shallow comments.

Its easy to take the piss out of someone, but he's got more balls than most of you internet warriors at least he's giving it a shot instead of regretting it later in life

Ye. Fair play to Brendan.

He's a character. In 70 years they'll erect a statue or a bust.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I heard he was the alter ego of Pat Kenny!!

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Fender76

I saw him yesterday on Bachelors Walk... he wasn't wearing his red american football jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Scarydoll

I'll allways remember him getting his manky toenails cut on that show The Salon I think it was. Anyone remember that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

And so what if he is? He's not the one that goes around judging people/making stupid shallow comments.

Its easy to take the piss out of someone, but he's got more balls than most of you internet warriors at least he's giving it a shot instead of regretting it later in life

I've met him before, he was MCing a show, shortly after he appeared on what ever made him famous, and didn't really seem to know what the hell was going on. He's "act" consisted of sissor kicks and a flock of sea gulls hair style. He didn't entertain me but I didn't give him any abuse either.
    I change my statement from thick to slightly dim. Yes he is harmless but there doesn't seem to be a lot going on with him, in my internet warrior opinion. :D
    And to be fair I would say that about nearly all reality TV "stars"

• Advertisement

And to be fair I would say that about nearly all reality TV "stars"

He got whatever bit of fame he had by being completely talentless and a bit odd. You're not being an internet warrior by stating the obvious!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement