Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What ever happened to Brendan Kilkenny?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the national cunt can be seen regularly on o connell street. the other day people just could take and more of it and strung him up on the spire. good riddance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

RichieC wrote: »
    I read about him in the Aidan Walsh book of irish faux celebrities, other than that i never heard of the man.

Brendan would be similar to Aidan Walsh, bit eccentric. I heard Walshy was not a big fan of Brendans. What did he say about him in the book?

(Yeah eccentric sounds better than thick :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

He works for the tax revenue, or at least he did a about 5 years ago anyway.
    So I would watch what you say about him...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,056 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

He was abducted by aliens for a bit of probing, and decided to stay on the mothership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭dfer

Brendan would be similar to Aidan Walsh, bit eccentric. I heard Walshy was not a big fan of Brendans. What did he say about him in the book?

(Yeah eccentric sounds better than thick :p)

No harm meant Tony it's just people are quick to judge without actually knowing anything about someone.

About Aidan Walsh, i used to play a few gigs for him many moons ago as wee lad when he ran a production company, i think it was called "Castle Stadium Productions" . He's taken up photography now mainly for the boxing matches and sells the pics to newpapers.

He's also a bit eccentric but if you knew about his childhood/past you might think twice about slating the man. I've never seen him in a bad mood ever and always has time for chat, and is yet again a very positive person.

Anyways, i'd prefare a few eccentric's in town than boring mundane clones of each other! It adds character to a town.

As the master of the universe would say "Keep Up The Good Work"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭dfer

And i forgot to add I'm in envy of his lamb chop sideburns, i'm going on 25 this year and its still blonde bum fluff :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31 volrex

Who is Aidan Walsh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

dfer wrote: »
    He's taken up photography now mainly for the boxing matches and sells the pics to newpapers./QUOTE]

note, I never said any thing bad about Adian Walsh. I remember him always having a camera when I met him first, at the gigs in Eammon Dorans. This was before he had the gigs in the Music Centre. Ah back in the day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

has he still got a mullet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

Scarydoll wrote: »
    I'll allways remember him getting his manky toenails cut on that show The Salon I think it was. Anyone remember that?

Yeah, the girl giving him a pedicure nearly got sick because his toe nails and the dirt under them were so disgusting.

I've seen him on Abbey Street. I knew it was him by the hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

I saw him yesterday in Palmerstown. He was crossing the road to the bus stop. I looked at him and thought he looks familiar... then the penny dropped. He still has the dodgy hair...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Is he still employed as a civil servant?

(I suppose they still have that 3% target to hit unlike reality TV shows).

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

Yeah, I used to see him walking around all the time, and then I didn't see him for a few years. I was starting to wonder the same thing as the OP - and then I seen him again so he's still alive!

I don't know about him, but there's a couple of eccentric-looking people that I love seeing walking around - there used to be an old guy around Dun Laoghaire who went around with a hat covered in badges and feathers and a mad 'tashe and beard, and another black guy who I see in town the odd time dressed in brightly-coloured suits and shirts with a big knitted hat. He's so dapper, I always imagine that he used to play in a famous reggae band or something awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Saw him drinking coffee on Chatham street one fine day. He looked quite sad.

I met him about two years ago and he did that mad kick in the middle of the street for me!!! :D:D:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

Does he still organise events for 'Forever Alone' people?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Have you ever seen Brendan Kilkenny and Jedward at the same time....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

He changed his name and moved to Cork to pursure an acting career.www.nathanslattery.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Even if he's being harmless, positive etc and even if it doesn't remotely affect me what the man does, I don't think he's doing himself any favours by humiliating himself the way he has done (maybe he doesn't do it anymore though). He doesn't seem the full shilling and he has been known to get very upset by people giving him abuse. If people left him alone, it would be one thing, but they obviously won't - and he is the one drawing attention to himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

darkdubh wrote: »
    He changed his name and moved to Cork to pursure an acting career.www.nathanslattery.com

I wonder has anyone ever clicked 'more'? I'm guessing no.

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    Even if he's being harmless, positive etc and even if it doesn't remotely affect me what the man does, I don't think he's doing himself any favours by humiliating himself the way he has done (maybe he doesn't do it anymore though). He doesn't seem the full shilling and he has been known to get very upset by people giving him abuse. If people left him alone, it would be one thing, but they obviously won't - and he is the one drawing attention to himself.

I've read this about 5 times and still no idea what your point is :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

It's not that incoherent.

Dudess wrote: »
    It's not that incoherent.

Maybe just a little incoherent then?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Svetti Arss

I worked with a woman who used to work with him in the civil service. She told me at one stage he had setup a dating agency and it was well known in the department that he was mentally ill. Sad but true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I saw him on Nassau Street in town one day and a taxi driver shouted over "Hey Brendan!". Brendan thought he was great cos someone recognized him, so he smiled and his hand went up to give a wave. But in the next breath the taxi driver shouted "you're only a muppet!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭this is arse

bonerm wrote: »
    I wonder has anyone ever clicked 'more'? I'm guessing no.

darkdubh did, either that or he knows him personally

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

darkdubh wrote: »

AKA

hansel_6.jpg

"He's so hot right now"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Brendan aka Nathan has an arch enemy known as Mr Crow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ9eSa6joLE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭this is arse

for such a small nation, we do have an awful lot of deluded loonies

haven't seen this guy for a while either, use to surface around Christmas time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

Is he still employed as a civil servant?

(I suppose they still have that 3% target to hit unlike reality TV shows).

He used to work for Dublin City Council

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement