Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RMAing an external HDD

• 23-02-2011 5:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭

i bought a WD essentials 1tb hdd from amazon about 45 days ago, and it no longer turns on/anything.

i went to amazon orders and it says that because its over 30 days old, ive to RMA it with WD themselves. i went onto the website and logged a ticket, to which it gave me an address to post it to to get fixed. im about to walk out the door to go to the post office, and im just after realising that im going to have to pay postage to ship to the UK, for something that broke very soon after receiving it.

will i get refunded?
    is this how it usually works?
    what should i do?

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Unfortunately they do not refund you the money, normally.

Count your self lucky mate, I had to send a PSU to the netherlands this morning that has died after 60 days.....48 for reg'd post.....and I had to box and bubble wrap it myself.

I have also emailed Corsair regarding the issue and how the so called "warranty" is rubbish seeing as I have to pay half the price of the PSU in shipping to get a replacement on something that should have lasted at least 12 months before copping out!

I don't expect to hear anything good back from them :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

just posted it there.... €12... i paid €50 odd euro for it, and ive to pay 20% more because it broke 45 days into my ownership, and was probably used 5 times in total.

ive finally found a flaw with buying stuff from amazon.

Ridicules isn't it?

Logitech are about the best RMA I've ever seen. I had a freedom 2.4 joystick, it broke and I sent them a photo of the base (part number) they then mailed me a new one no questions asked. Turns out the original wasn't even broken....user error! lol, sorry logitech, my bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Arcto wrote: »
    Ridicules isn't it?

Logitech are about the best RMA I've ever seen. I had a freedom 2.4 joystick, it broke and I sent them a photo of the base (part number) they then mailed me a new one no questions asked. Turns out the original wasn't even broken....user error! lol, sorry logitech, my bad.
    i ordered stuff off dealextreme loads of times, and once, when one thing (finally) arrived, it didnt work, they asked for a photo of it not working (the item couldnt turn on, no lights or anything) so i essentially took a photo of an electronic item unplugged lying on my table, and they sent me another one, no questions asked. took about 2 months to arrive, but fair play.

so i essentially took a photo of an electronic item unplugged lying on my table

Hahaha, made my day man ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    i ordered stuff off dealextreme loads of times, and once, when one thing (finally) arrived, it didnt work, they asked for a photo of it not working (the item couldnt turn on, no lights or anything) so i essentially took a photo of an electronic item unplugged lying on my table, and they sent me another one, no questions asked. took about 2 months to arrive, but fair play.

I ordered some neodymium magnets from them and all i got in the post was a a jiffy bag with the end ripped out of it, i assume they were stuck to the side of a post van somewhere.

I emailed them with pictures of an open, empty envelope and they sent out replacements!

Advertisement