Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lancer Wobbling?

• 23-02-2011 5:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

So I got a lancer today and I'm just a tiny bit concerned about one thing. After I get past the 80km mark I feel like there is a slight wobble, I cant tell where its coming from but it kind of feels like a wheel maybe. Its just a small wobble but enough to notice, kind of like sitting on a washing machine for example.

Any ideas what it's likely to be? Could it be serious or is it just one of those things?

Cheers.

Comments

Wheel balancing or maybe allignment. I'd get both front wheels balanced first, if that doesn't sort it get the allignment done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭7daze

Could be as simple as worn tyres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Thanks lads I will check all of that out. Would that sort of problem usually stem from anything more serious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Could do but it would be rare, wheel balance is the usual suspect. If the vibration is felt through the steering it's likely the front tyres, if it's felt through the car body it's normally the rear wheels out of balance. The vibration would disappear as you go faster or slower.

Check your rims and tyres for bulges or damage and wheel nuts are correctly torqued just to be sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭Antiquo

All the above but +1 check all yer wheel nuts before you drive it again.

Binned there done that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Thanks all, will do!

Advertisement