Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone starting HTML/CSS/PHP?MySQL?

Options
  • 23-02-2011 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Well I just started learning them a while ago.. Already know a bit.. but far from competent yet.

I started developing this web based game... Have few ideas, that i did not see implemented before (im not saying they weren't, just that i did not see :D)

So maybe anyone out there that is in same position as me.. would like to join me in this venture?

Main goal is to learn PHP/MySQL.. And i think actually building something is the best way, and on line game would be quite complex thing to build, so if you built that you could say youre competent in programming. And you never know the game that we build might become succesfull, and we can make some money along the way :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 galdikas

am I allowed to post link to what I have developed yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Hi there, I'm in a similar position, just learning the ropes with PHP. I come from an ASP.Net/C# background.

One of the things I don't like is that there are far too many frameworks out there. Can anyone recommend a framework for PHP, preferably for using MVC pattern? I think I've narrowed it down to using Cake or Zend, but would like to know which is more popular, which would facilitate better hand off to other developers etc.

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I used CakePHP. It's quite nice infairness. Really fun to program with. I've never used Zend. However Zend would be more suited towards bigger applications I think. Though think there are arguments that CakePHP can handle large enterprise apps.

Advertisement