Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xenogears for $9.99 on the US PSN store

Options
  • 23-02-2011 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭

So go get it. Just bought $50 worth of US PSN credit, going to grab the Arc the Lad Trilogy and YS: I & II Chronicles along with it.

I've never played Xenogears but have heard so much about it that it's great to be able to finally see it for myself, and being able to do so on my PSP for less that €8 is just quality.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Where did you buy the voucher from and how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I grab them on ebay. Usually works out at less than €20 for a $20 card and the sellers just email you the code.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Xenogears is really really overrated by it's fans so be warned. It's not a great game, more a very interesting one which at the end of the dayI found worth playing through. Be warned that you'll probably enjoy it but sometimes won't be having much fun with it. The battle system is great and unique and when it works it's fun. When it doesn't it's a chore. The storyline is full of moments of genius and genuinely amazing moments interspersed with totally cliche moments stolen from scifi films and evangelion in particular and some really stupid uses of religious imagery. The second disc is also a total slog. The deve team were pulled off the game to get FFVII finished on time so the second disc is the two main characters sitting in a chair telling you the rest of the plot for 20 hours with a tiny amount of gameplay.

I still think it's worth playing but it's just going to take a lot of patience to stick with it. Good to see it up on PSN though. I remember paying 80 euros for an original back in the day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I grab them on ebay. Usually works out at less than €20 for a $20 card and the sellers just email you the code.

I only found 2 people selling them and they wouldn't sell to me because I just signed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I only found 2 people selling them and they wouldn't sell to me because I just signed up.

Try cardscodes.com.

I used them and got a code in 10 mins

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Try cardscodes.com.

I used them and got a code in 10 mins

thanks,I'll give them a go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

I could never get into it. Got Fei to about lvl 40 and was on some raft in the middle of the ocean when I quit. Not sure if that's a good way in or not.

I think it was the prison section that ruined it for me. Got stuck in there for hours I did.

Disc 2 sounds interesting. Evangelion basically did the same thing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mindkiller wrote: »
    Disc 2 sounds interesting. Evangelion basically did the same thing.

It's far from interesting, it's probably even more boring than the final 2 evangelion episodes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I got US PSN moneys yesterday, was tempted by Xenogears until I saw this topic!

Went with Parasite Eve instead, I'll hold off on spending the rest until the second one comes out.

Advertisement