Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 best value prepay phone

Options
  • 23-02-2011 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I'm on 02 and it's robbing me!

Does anyone know which plan is best for unlimited text and internet?!?! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

How much internet would you need in a month do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 saoirsebui

Davy wrote: »
    How much internet would you need in a month do you think?

would be pretty good to have unlimited as ideally would love to use skype/facebook/hotmail alot!

02 is insane. I put in 20 euro last night, made two brief phonecalls to a landline, sent about 10 texts, checked my emails a few times and I have 6 euro left!

There has to be something better?!

The reason I asked was three have an offer that would probably suit you, it comes with 500mb allowance, (although they advertise as unlimited, but thats a different discussion) for €20 a month. Now the intenet bundle which is €4.99 comes out of that €20. So means you topup €20, buy your data bundle, that takes €4.99 from you. So your left with €15.01, 500Mb, any network texts, and any network calls at weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 saoirsebui

The reason I asked was three have an offer that would probably suit you, it comes with 500mb allowance, (although they advertise as unlimited, but thats a different discussion) for €20 a month. Now the intenet bundle which is €4.99 comes out of that €20. So means you topup €20, buy your data bundle, that takes €4.99 from you. So your left with €15.01, 500Mb, any network texts, and any network calls at weekends.

(although they advertise as unlimited, but thats a different discussion) ???

I've just ordered a sim, thanks for that.

I have my own unblocked iphone, sure it shouldn't matter that it's not a 3 phone?

saoirsebui wrote: »
    (although they advertise as unlimited, but thats a different discussion) ???

They advertise it as unlimited data, but its limited to 550MB. They say unlimited texts, but it has a FOC of 3000. All networks do this, but the regulator allows them. Upc, eircom etc also do it, just annoys me. The FOC is fine, as it prevents spam etc, but calling 500MB unlimited is just not right.

I have my own unblocked iphone, sure it shouldn't matter that it's not a 3 phone?

You will just need to change the APN settings to work with three. If you need help as on the AMD forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

You'll also receive €10 free credit every month provided you top up by €20 in one go so you'll have €25.01 (except for your 1st month cause the €10 doesn't get added for 30 days)

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

Is the three talk/text/net pay as you go deal ending today?
    Three.ie lists their 20e top up deal as ending today (28/2/11), just as I cancel my meteor bill pay lite plan!

Anyone have any ideas as to whether this deal will be renewed/extended by another month or two?

Having looked at whats on offer from other networks, three does seem to have the best value for money; particularly when you factor in the 10e free credit per month!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Intox

that sounds amazing. sh1t buzz though if its ended on said date ^

ive just put a meteor sim in my unlocked Iphone 3Gs last week and was firing away downloading huge apps left right and centre without being charged a cent!

then finally caught up with me today though and took my remaining credit.

does anybody have experience with the "Browse and text" plan from meteor?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

would be pretty good to have unlimited as ideally would love to use skype/facebook/hotmail alot!

i just thought i'd throw in here after reading that you use skype, that you WILL be charged by 3, you will not be able to use skype for free in a non 3 branded phone. or msn for that matter, as these are specially customised versions for 3 branded phones only.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055955463

you WILL be able to use them over wi-fi though. and if you want to set up hotmail on your iphone-

http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/2010/08/30/hotmail-iphone/

this might save you some of the data browsing charges that you'd normally incur by accessing hotmail through your browser...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MC_G

xsiborg wrote: »
    i just thought i'd throw in here after reading that you use skype, that you WILL be charged by 3, you will not be able to use skype for free in a non 3 branded phone. or msn for that matter, as these are specially customised versions for 3 branded phones only.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055955463

you WILL be able to use them over wi-fi though. and if you want to set up hotmail on your iphone-

http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/2010/08/30/hotmail-iphone/

this might save you some of the data browsing charges that you'd normally incur by accessing hotmail through your browser...

Not sure if you can find it for iPhone, but there's absolutely Skype on 3 apps for Android that let you use it for free on non 3 branded phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Intox

Is the three talk/text/net pay as you go deal ending today?
    Three.ie lists their 20e top up deal as ending today (28/2/11), just as I cancel my meteor bill pay lite plan!
    !

theres some confusion on this, the main offer page says sign up before march 31st to avail but when you click into terms and conditions it says before 28th of feb

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

What I understand is that you had to have signed up before the 28/2, and then the final date to top up and get the offer for the next 30days if before that date in march.
    So no new customers can avail of the offer; correct me if I'm wrong.

Hopefully they will renew the offer!

Advertisement