Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fujiflm digital camera not turning on?

• 23-02-2011 6:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

I bought a fujifilm digital camera today and when its charging it turns on and can take pictures but once you plug out the charger it turns off.. anyone have any ideas as the shop i bought from is a nice bit away and it'l be next week before i make it.
    thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

I think you may be confusing the Charger with the AC adapter (so it can run off the mains).

I dont know what model it is but most cameras come with a charger that you take the battery out the camera and put it in the charger rather then something that plugs into the camera itself.

I may be wrong but have a look in the box for the battery/charger as it may be in another compartment in the box that you hadn't noticed.
    Normally the battery that comes with the camera will have about %40 charge from storage so it shouldnt just turn off if you have put the battery in from new (unless it runs out of course).

Sorry if you are familiar with cameras and have already dont this but just in case you arent that would be the first thing to check so let us know if that was the problem :)

EDIT: Also what camera model is it as I will know then if it should charge through the camera or use a seperate charger as I mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭clairek6

thats how my old camera was but it was 3 years old so i just presumed the chargers had changed :o
    theres no other leads except for the one to connect to a computer..
    When i tried to turn on the camera earlier before what i thought was charging it, it wouldn't turn on either.
    Its a fuijifilm finepix j27
    thanks for your reply :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

if you open the battery compartment,check that the orange stripe down one side of the battery is turned so the stripe is closest to the orange battery catch
    the battery in that camera is very easy to put in the wrong way around and if you do it won't charge at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

I checked the owners manual and there isnt a battery charger supplied, just the AC adapter which I presume doubles as a charger using the cameras power circuitry. Try using the usb cable and see if your PC will recognise the hardware being plugged in.

Normally the battery wont fit in properly if it is the wrong way but perhaps its possible on this model, either way with a new camera the battery should power it on initially with the charge that it should have upon first use but it is probably the battery that is faulty hence why it turns off when disconnected and didnt power on when first insertedbut works on AC power.

If you bring it back and explain the fault Im sure you can exchange it for a new model, just ring in advance to let them know it wasnt working from the beginning and see what they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

• Advertisement
Advertisement