Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

inner wrist

Options
  • 23-02-2011 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭

id like to pick a few brains - based on your experience GETTING a tat on the inner wrist

ive been thinking of that ever since i got my first tat on my back but never bit the bullet

does this hurt much more than a general tat on the back? (i tend to pick fleshy spots - little bone - for my tats although the 2nd was half on the shoulder blade)
    would love to get the next tat there but ive had so many hospital injections in the hand that did feckin' hurt - thats all im worried about - the other 2 tats i had were fine, didnt hurt too much.

id like to hear your experieneces here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

The stock answer you're going to get here regarding ANY "does it hurt" questions are: It's completely up to your own personal pain threshold. I mean you could be grand while someone else would think it's excruciating.

My better half has one on her wrist and back and would say that her back would've been more painful. She was grand for the wrist one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

i should have clarified that a bit - i meant if you have a wrist tat and one elsewhere too then how did the pain compare?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That's still going to be different for everyone. Where one person it'll be agony, another could sleep through it.

Aishae wrote: »
    i should have clarified that a bit - i meant if you have a wrist tat and one elsewhere too then how did the pain compare?

:confused:

I..............don't get you at all.

The pain is relative to the person, so you're not going to get a definite answer on this. I thought I mentioned it when using my other half as an example whereby she informed me that her back was much worse than her wrist? Was that what you were looking for?

chin_grin wrote: »
    :confused:
    The pain is relative to the person, so you're not going to get a definite answer on this. I thought I mentioned it when using my other half as an example whereby she informed me that her back was much worse than her wrist? Was that what you were looking for?

yeah like that example thank you.

• Advertisement

Aishae wrote: »
    yeah like that example thank you.

If I do have some advice regarding pain. Don't go in to it just thinking about it. Of course your mind is going to make it out to be much worse than it is.

For the initial outline.......and col....actually for the whole thing try and focus on your breathing. I mean you've been through it before so just remember that.

The artist will know when to shut up or let you 'deal' cos he\she will read you and stop accordingly. I'm sure they've seen it a million times to be honest!

But yeah, try and close your eyes and focus on breathing exercises to take away from any pain you may or may not receive!

Pain is all in the head anyways (I know easy to say that!).

Just found these. Might help?

http://www.howtocopewithpain.org/resources/breathing-exercises-2.html

haha - exacly how i deal with medical tests - take the oul mind elsewhere. that was harder with the spinal angiogram i'll tell you!
    didnt have to stop at all with the others. but ive already told myself when i do it then dont look at the needle while he/she works - i know you tend to feel the pain more when you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

i have 3 stars on my arm , 1 is kinda on goin on the wrist ,
    pain wise , i didnt feel much , as i jus honestly love the experience of being tattoo'd

altho the dragon i have on my back hurt more in some parts than other

but every man to him self and all that ,
    pain is different to people

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Penname

In my case, my back was more painful.

antocann wrote: »
    i have 3 stars on my arm , 1 is kinda on goin on the wrist ,
    pain wise , i didnt feel much , as i jus honestly love the experience of being tattoo'd

altho the dragon i have on my back hurt more in some parts than other

but every man to him self and all that ,
    pain is different to people

know what you men - both tats hurt a bit more in some places. both are on my back. im guessing some parts had harder muscles maybe. as i chose fleshier spots for them.
    im on the 'it hurts but in a good way' bandwagon :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I must have like 40% coverage by now.

The wrist was a cake walk. one of the easiest by far.

BUT - most of my more recent work has been 5+ hour sittings, often in the one place (ie inside of arm). My wrist took a mere 2 hours to do. So just like everyone else is saying - it depends on what you personally feel and compare it to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Ive both my wrists done, a piece of piss compared to my back and inner bicep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Just after getting my first tattoo today and it was on my wrist! It was sore but not completely unbearable. It was more uncomfortable than painful and I am usually a complete wuss!

Personally I think it's less painful that injections.. Though obviously it lasts much longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

To quote what others have said before: It's different for everyone and depends on your own personal pain threshold. I have a mini heart attack when getting a blood test yet enjoy what comes with getting tattoed. Can't explain it but I'm sure others can understand.

To answer your question regarding the pain relative to the tattoo on the wrist and elsewhere - I thought gettintg inked on the wrist was a walk in the park compared to my others. I've tattoos on my back/shoulder blade, hip/thigh, inner part of the upper arm and wrist. Saying that though, the tattoos I have elsewhere have been for far longer sittings than the one on my wrist.

Just get it done! Once you walk outta the studio with your new tattoo you'll be delighted and pain free by then! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

YeahI just got my first tattoo yesterday (so proud!) and it's on my inner wrist. I was expecting major pain but it wasn't at all. One section fellt a ittle 'burny', but other than that, it was actually really cool.

I think I may have been bitten by the tattoo bug. It was so cool! :)

Advertisement