Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Restaurant Recommendation Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

siblers wrote: »
    On Fat Badgers page on JustEat they give the option of vegan cheese with pizza, does anyone know of any other places that give the option of having vegan cheese or even the option to have it without cheese?

I've checked a few places and there doesn't seem to be any option for either. Not ideal if you have a dairy intolerance but fancy some pizza

Four star pizza have vegan cheese and give the option to order it when customising the toppings. ETA no extra charge either that I can see making a dummy order.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,549 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Four star pizza have vegan cheese and give the option to order it when customising the toppings. ETA no extra charge either that I can see making a dummy order.

That's good to know! Thanks

Got a burger from Lab 82. Twas unreal, one of the tastiest burgers I had in a while. Chips were superb too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Got takeaway from Cask last night. Everything was very tasty. But it is pricey for the amount you get. Most of the dishes are about €9 & you’d definitely want 2 per person. Prices about the same as eating in there.

Can’t fault the food though, delicious. I got something from Glass Curtain during the last lockdown and preferred Cask.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Got takeaway from Cask last night. Everything was very tasty. But it is pricey for the amount you get. Most of the dishes are about €9 & you’d definitely want 2 per person. Prices about the same as eating in there.

Can’t fault the food though, delicious. I got something from Glass Curtain during the last lockdown and preferred Cask.

Was delighted to see this on deliveroo! Will deffo got for it in the next few wks

• Advertisement

The only reason why Maguire didn't get the penalty is if he was offside which I don't see how he could be. Was a stonewall pen and then Bamford varred out when he looked well onside. Crazy stuff

The only reason why Maguire didn't get the penalty is if he was offside which I don't see how he could be. Was a stonewall pen and then Bamford varred out when he looked well onside. Crazy stuff

MOTD showed that Maguire fouled Pickford first so seems a correct decision

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

MOTD showed that Maguire fouled Pickford first so seems a correct decision
    AdacBNp.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Got a burger from Lab 82. Twas unreal, one of the tastiest burgers I had in a while. Chips were superb too

We got Lab 82 last night also (via Just Eat) and was very, very impressed. I had goujons which were tasty, not greasy and a generous portion. Mrs Pen Rua had the sweet chicken burger and loved it. Chips were fine, though no packaged well so that would be my only critique.

I saw Sober Lane were up on Deliveroo / Just Eat so was very excited to order it last night. I went on at about 6.30pm and they had disappeared from both platforms. Messaged them and gave them over an hour before deciding to go to Lab 82. No reply to my message this morning, and nothing on their social media channels saying anything. Odd!

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Karmella

Pen Rua wrote: »
    We got Lab 82 last night also (via Just Eat) and was very, very impressed. I had goujons which were tasty, not greasy and a generous portion. Mrs Pen Rua had the sweet chicken burger and loved it. Chips were fine, though no packaged well so that would be my only critique.

I saw Sober Lane were up on Deliveroo / Just Eat so was very excited to order it last night. I went on at about 6.30pm and they had disappeared from both platforms. Messaged them and gave them over an hour before deciding to go to Lab 82. No reply to my message this morning, and nothing on their social media channels saying anything. Odd!

With regard to Sober Lane, they may have been over-run. I saw an article last week where they sold more food by takeaway /delivery on their first Saturday night than they ever had on their busiest Saturday when they were open! They weren’t set up for the demand so they could be ironing out a few details perhaps.

• Advertisement

Karmella wrote: »
    With regard to Sober Lane, they may have been over-run. I saw an article last week where they sold more food by takeaway /delivery on their first Saturday night than they ever had on their busiest Saturday when they were open! They weren’t set up for the demand so they could be ironing out a few details perhaps.

Totally understand (in fact - that’s how I found out they were on Just Eat, from one of the owners (?) posting it on LinkedIn) but zero comms on social media was a little annoying. We waited an hour for them to reopen before giving up.

We’ll try again another weekend, obviously going earlier.

Sober Lane are doing 25% off everything with free delivery on Delivero so there would be high demand. They put a thank you note and a scratch card in our delivery a couple weeks ago which was a nice touch .

You get a crazy sized portion of chips but they were lukewarm at best. Burger was nice but nothing compared to Lab 82. They also don't label the burgers so we didn't know which burger was which

Sober Lane are doing 25% off everything with free delivery on Delivero so there would be high demand. They put a thank you note and a scratch card in our delivery a couple weeks ago which was a nice touch .

You get a crazy sized portion of chips but they were lukewarm at best. Burger was nice but nothing compared to Lab 82. They also don't label the burgers so we didn't know which burger was which

We were thoroughly impressed with Lab 82. We knew of it, but have never been to it before. I wasn’t sure their evening food would be great since my perception is it’s a brunch place, but I was proven wrong. As mentioned, my only feedback would be better packaging but I don’t know when they’ve started doing online delivery.

Speaking of food being cold etc, I’ve ordered from Just Ear several times (credit from work) and each instance had a car deliver as opposed to a bike. Likely helped get the food to us faster & hotter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Didn't realise Lab82 were doing takeaway burgers will definitely be trying them soon, have to say I've been there a few times for coffee and had a good experience each time, lovely coffee and the staff are very friendly so will happily support them with some take away orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Lab 82 sounds lovely - I always love a good burger :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

leahyl wrote: »

Arranged to meet a few friends there for lunch today, ordered at 12:50 & got served at 1:30. Maybe they were having a bad day but not a word of apology about the delay. I handed back my after lunch coffee as it had gone cold by then :(

I won't comment on the burger I got as I'm sure my opinion would be coloured by the experience. Won't be going back there in any case.

Your mileage might vary of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭RINO87

opus wrote: »
    Arranged to meet a few friends there for lunch today, ordered at 12:50 & got served at 1:30. Maybe they were having a bad day but not a word of apology about the delay. I handed back my after lunch coffee as it had gone cold by then :(

I won't comment on the burger I got as I'm sure my opinion would be coloured by the experience. Won't be going back there in any case.

Curious as to why you would order an after lunch coffee before you get your food?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

RINO87 wrote: »
    Curious as to why you would order an after lunch coffee before you get your food?

In this new takeaway lifestyle we all inhabit I tend not to hang around the place I get the food eg from Green Frog we walk into UCC & sit on a bench, from Sonny's deli we walk to the little park on Blackrock road & so on.

However forget I even mentioned the coffee it's irrelevant to my experience there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Harika

leahyl wrote: »

They also have breakfast from 9:30, very decent, will now try burger.
    Anything else open for breakfast takeaway?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Harika wrote: »
    They also have breakfast from 9:30, very decent, will now try burger.
    Anything else open for breakfast takeaway?

Spit jack. Can’t comment on food cause I’ve never eaten there but they seem to be doing pretty good deals , a main and a desert for €15. Hope to get that offer soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Orso does brekkie take away too. You can pre order it online to collect

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Ah that's disappointing that you didn't have a great experience. Oh well, as you say, if I ever go, mine might be different hopefully :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭RINO87

In this new takeaway lifestyle we all inhabit I tend not to hang around the place I get the food eg from Green Frog we walk into UCC & sit on a bench, from Sonny's deli we walk to the little park on Blackrock road & so on.

However forget I even mentioned the coffee it's irrelevant to my experience there.

Yeah, but nowhere is going to have a fresh burger ready (and for it to be eaten) in the time that it would take a coffee to cool down...

The coffee should either have been made when the burger arrived, or ordered when the burger arrived.

<snip>

We caved and got Sober Lane tonight. Delivery was maybe 30 mins later than promised (maybe a Just Eat problem).

Portion sizes were ok, but the Lab 82 goujons were definitely bigger.

Food quality was very good, but I think Lab 82 edged it.

Packaging was very good (a criticism I had of Lab 82).

Overall, it was decent but I would go back to Lab 82 before Sober Lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,885 ✭✭✭sporina

We caved and got Sober Lane tonight. Delivery was maybe 30 mins later than promised (maybe a Just Eat problem).

Portion sizes were ok, but the Lab 82 goujons were definitely bigger.

Food quality was very good, but I think Lab 82 edged it.

Packaging was very good (a criticism I had of Lab 82).

Overall, it was decent but I would go back to Lab 82 before Sober Lane.

wer the goujons from Lab 82 nicer than Sober Lane? I love their goujons

sporina wrote: »
    wer the goujons from Lab 82 nicer than Sober Lane? I love their goujons

Lab 82 win for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

Yeah have to say the Mac82 from Lab82 is one of the best burgers I have had in a while - the bang of char off the meat was something else. Also they do chicken and waffles which you dont see too much. Pity about your experience Opus, I think the owner is a bit loose, jolly guy when you talk to him, but once I phoned him before with an order and he was busy and said he would call me back and never did.

Must try Sober Lane take away, pictures looked super. Great to see people support local businesses at this time. I saw the Strasbourg Goose doing take away fish and chips which intrigued me - I bet its a cut above, anyone try it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,885 ✭✭✭sporina

Lab 82 win for me.

gee better than Sober lane - how so?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Whilst talking of Lab82 - Is it deliveroo only for delivery? I'm living in Glanmire and I was gutted that I couldn't order via just eat - as in I'd picked everything and then when I went to pay I got the notification that it wouldn't deliver :(

I'll go for a collection instead because I want to try the mac burger but I hadn't had a take away in a while, had it in my head I'd get Lab82 from mid-week so it was extra gutting!

Additionally, does anybody know if they're selling bags of ground coffee per chance? would love something other than the stuff I've been drinking for the last age

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭rob316

D'Agger wrote: »
    Whilst talking of Lab82 - Is it deliveroo only for delivery? I'm living in Glanmire and I was gutted that I couldn't order via just eat - as in I'd picked everything and then when I went to pay I got the notification that it wouldn't deliver :(

I'll go for a collection instead because I want to try the mac burger but I hadn't had a take away in a while, had it in my head I'd get Lab82 from mid-week so it was extra gutting!

Additionally, does anybody know if they're selling bags of ground coffee per chance? would love something other than the stuff I've been drinking for the last age

Yes I saw on there FB page they are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement