Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Restaurant Recommendation Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

D'Agger wrote: »
    Whilst talking of Lab82 - Is it deliveroo only for delivery? I'm living in Glanmire and I was gutted that I couldn't order via just eat - as in I'd picked everything and then when I went to pay I got the notification that it wouldn't deliver :(

I'll go for a collection instead because I want to try the mac burger but I hadn't had a take away in a while, had it in my head I'd get Lab82 from mid-week so it was extra gutting!

Additionally, does anybody know if they're selling bags of ground coffee per chance? would love something other than the stuff I've been drinking for the last age

I see from their face book story they are on just eat.
    Think on the lab82 website deliveroo is the only option..maybe they havent gotten around to adding that yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Whilst talking of Lab82 - Is it deliveroo only for delivery? I'm living in Glanmire and I was gutted that I couldn't order via just eat - as in I'd picked everything and then when I went to pay I got the notification that it wouldn't deliver :(

I'll go for a collection instead because I want to try the mac burger but I hadn't had a take away in a while, had it in my head I'd get Lab82 from mid-week so it was extra gutting!

Additionally, does anybody know if they're selling bags of ground coffee per chance? would love something other than the stuff I've been drinking for the last age

I ordered via Just Eat the weekend before the one just gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

To Glanmire? I'm sure I saw on their instagram or website that Glanmire was within range but justeat wouldn't let the order complete, will check again soon or else I'll get it for lunch and collect....either way I'll give it a try, I'm low on coffee so a grand excuse

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Glanmire is down on the delivery options on just eat anyway. Must have been a glitch unless it was outside delivery times? They are closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays(Which I keep forgetting until i rock up outside).
    All this talk of them I must go at lunch sometime.. and also get a brownie. They are a must!

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Glanmire is down on the delivery options on just eat anyway. Must have been a glitch unless it was outside delivery times? They are closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays(Which I keep forgetting until i rock up outside).
    All this talk of them I must go at lunch sometime.. and also get a brownie. They are a must!
    I suppose I'm technically Dunkettle but it's quicker to get to me from lab82 than it would to Sallybrook for example...weird, I'll go for lunch collection, nab some coffee and ask them this week myself sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

I met a friend for an early lunch at Sonny's today, was impressed there was a queue at 12:15. Had one of their hot specials (aubergine & feta koftas) which was very tasty indeed sitting on a bench in the sun in the park on Blackrock road.

Of course when I was cycling back to work, the queue was probably twice as long!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,549 ✭✭✭✭siblers

sammyjo90 wrote: »

Most places won't deliver to half the delivery places listed on Just Eat. For Lab 82, our area was listed on Just Eat but they wouldn't deliver to us. Had to order for collection

Had Daycent Munch there. Very, very nice burger and chips. Really good value too, burger was easily as nice as Lab 82.

Really good packaging too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Had Joes and bros tonight, lovely juicy burger and fresh. Not the most expensive either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

siblers wrote: »
    Had Daycent Munch there. Very, very nice burger and chips. Really good value too, burger was easily as nice as Lab 82.

Good to hear. Was looking at the menu last week, sounds nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,885 ✭✭✭sporina

where was this?

sporina wrote: »
    where was this?

They have a very impressively kitted out van at Tolison's Top Oil in Mayfield. Only do click and collect though

They're only on Facebook and you need to ring ahead to get a slot. We rang Friday night and they only had 2 slots available on Saturday so it's a small bit awkward but well worth it and good to support the two young lads running it

They have a very impressively kitted out van at Tolison's Top Oil in Mayfield. Only do click and collect though

They're only on Facebook and you need to ring ahead to get a slot. We rang Friday night and they only had 2 slots available on Saturday so it's a small bit awkward but well worth it and good to support the two young lads running it

what's the name of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭RINO87

what's the name of it?

The van is called Dacent munch. The post about it was confusing alright!

RINO87 wrote: »
    The van is called Dacent munch. The post about it was confusing alright!

Maybe but I did capitalise the D and M of Daycent Munch!

Collected Lab82 Friday and it was lovely, nice burger and chocolate milkshake for myself, staff were very friendly and had a brownie with a cuppa after which was heavy but nice!

Daycent Munch I'll def try though I'm conscious that the burgers almost seem overloaded - like Son of a Bun I'd imagine you'd need a knife and fork for it?

Collected Lab82 Friday and it was lovely, nice burger and chocolate milkshake for myself, staff were very friendly and had a brownie with a cuppa after which was heavy but nice!

Daycent Munch I'll def try though I'm conscious that the burgers almost seem overloaded - like Son of a Bun I'd imagine you'd need a knife and fork for it?

Mine was grand and easily held in my hand

There is a beef one with a chicken fillet where you would need to eat the chicken separately as its a full sized fillet.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

Had Joes and bros tonight, lovely juicy burger and fresh. Not the most expensive either.

Yeah and they do 2 for one burgers on Thursdays maybe other days too. Serious munch, battered sausage is massive and unreal sauce

bingo9999 wrote: »
    Yeah and they do 2 for one burgers on Thursdays maybe other days too. Serious munch, battered sausage is massive and unreal sauce

Is the 2 for 1 on Just Eat?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Anyone know of anywhere taking provisional dine in bookings for December?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Anyone know of anywhere taking provisional dine in bookings for December?

Glass curtain and cornstore are two I’ve seen so far

Hi folks, a Q on doughnuts..

Are the doughnuts from The Shack etc in the city fresh or frozen?

Or to rephrase that - where can you get freshly made doughnuts in town?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Hi folks, a Q on doughnuts..

Are the doughnuts from The Shack etc in the city fresh or frozen?

Or to rephrase that - where can you get freshly made doughnuts in town?

Freshly made, that place is owned by O Keefes Bakery.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

Is the 2 for 1 on Just Eat?

I couldn't tell you if afraid, have always phoned them and picked it up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Where can u get the best toasted sandwich in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

fin12 wrote: »
    Where can u get the best toasted sandwich in Cork?

Long valley when open

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

askU wrote: »
    Long valley when open

Have to agree with this savage toasties in there.

Crust on MacCurtain street is good too.

had take out from Sober lane tonight - OMG - divine... their chicken goujons are even better than I remembered.. and the secret sauce - omg.. drool.. +1 had a burger.. with bacon and cheese etc.. both had fries too.. all v good - and when I went to collect it they brought it out to me in the car. deadly service.. also - extra fries with the burger which we weren't expecting... savage stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

There's some love for gougons and Sober Lane in this thread!

• Advertisement

There's some love for gougons and Sober Lane in this thread!

correction - the goujons from Sober Lane! death row stuff...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement