Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Restaurant Recommendation Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,549 ✭✭✭✭siblers

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    €13.90 on the menu?
    It’s steak is it, rather than a cheaper beef?
    Most dishes are around €12, so if it is steak, it’ll be extra. Not saying it’s worth €14 either but not sure why you were charged €16.

Teriyaki Ramen on Deliveroo is 15.90

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Think they've fully booked out this weekend, opening again the 14th

Pre ordered them for this coming Saturday. Hopefully it will be worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭RINO87

siblers wrote: »
    Beef Tiriyaka. It was a big enough portion but was 90% noodles and noodles aren't exactly expensive so don't see how it cost so much

Thanks. Would normally go for their stir frys or currys, will know to avoid the noodle dishes now as we only go there when we are starving!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Waffles and chicken from Lab 82 yesterday. Oh my god where has this combination been my entire life :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

I'm really fond of the jian bing from LaoDao on the corner of Paul Street, across from The Roundy.
    Jianbing are a type of crepe. They are really tasty and handy to eat. I like the plain one. Also comes with a variety of fillings duck and pork are nice, too.
    They also have an Asian Street Food menu but I haven't tried this - fairly standard stuff.

First visit there today at lunchtime after reading your recommendation yesterday, I'd agree very tasty. Think the duck one is worth a try next as I had the basic one today. For anyone interested this is what a Jianbing looks like.

539100.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Posting from the business opening thread but thought it suit here as well for the foodies ! - New dumplings place opening on Douglas st ...
    https://twitter.com/corkfs/status/1339489238631542791?s=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Woot! Pierogi!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

pwurple wrote: »
    Woot! Pierogi!

Pierogi are so tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

rob316 wrote: »
    Waffles and chicken from Lab 82 yesterday. Oh my god where has this combination been my entire life :eek:

Spitjack also do this, thought the chicken was a bit dry when I tried it myself

Delighted to see a pierogi place!

Has anyone ordered from Swoon or Casanavo Gelato on Deliveroo? Just wondering if everything had melted by the time it arrived?

• Advertisement

Has anyone ordered from Swoon or Casanavo Gelato on Deliveroo? Just wondering if everything had melted by the time it arrived?

Ordered from swoon twice this week, it was fine, but I live very close to town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

We went with Mirch Masala (on Popes Quay) last night. The food was excellent - we shared a portion of butter chicken and various sides between the two of us and it was just the right amount of food for a dinner. The prices were somewhat high, but they seem on par with other Indian places I've eaten at. The food was delicious.

On reflection (and reviewing other orders I've made!) the price is probably on par with any takeaway I've gotten in recent times. It came to just over €30 for a dinner for two. Reasonable.

The only drawback was delivery. We live relatively close (less than 10 mins drive), but delivery still took the bones of 30 mins (we got a notification that the driver was on the way via Just Eat). Perhaps the driver had other orders to drop off before us etc, but the food was a touch colder than one would have wanted.

I would not hesitate in ordering again from them, just would hope the delivery is that bit quicker.

FWIW, the have their own online ordering website / app and offer free delivery & 10% off when ordering directly with them. We used Just Eat as we had One4Alls to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Has anyone got food from spit jack recently? Thinking might do order from them this weekend? Looking to get a main course.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

Got takeaway from Tequilla Jacks last night, they included a Tequilla Jacks face mask as a free gift with the order which I thought was a really nice touch!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,885 ✭✭✭sporina

Pen Rua wrote: »
    We went with Mirch Masala (on Popes Quay) last night. The food was excellent - we shared a portion of butter chicken and various sides between the two of us and it was just the right amount of food for a dinner. The prices were somewhat high, but they seem on par with other Indian places I've eaten at. The food was delicious.

On reflection (and reviewing other orders I've made!) the price is probably on par with any takeaway I've gotten in recent times. It came to just over €30 for a dinner for two. Reasonable.

The only drawback was delivery. We live relatively close (less than 10 mins drive), but delivery still took the bones of 30 mins (we got a notification that the driver was on the way via Just Eat). Perhaps the driver had other orders to drop off before us etc, but the food was a touch colder than one would have wanted.

I would not hesitate in ordering again from them, just would hope the delivery is that bit quicker.

FWIW, the have their own online ordering website / app and offer free delivery & 10% off when ordering directly with them. We used Just Eat as we had One4Alls to use.

was that 30 from when you ordered or from when they left with the order?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

sporina wrote: »
    was that 30 from when you ordered or from when they left with the order?

It was 30 mins from when the food left the restaurant, per the Just Eat notification we got. It was maybe 1 hr & 15 mins from ordering to the food arriving to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Seen them sending stuff out by deliveroo last year , in went in a little insulated container so should be good for a while ..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Did anyone try eatstreet on it's opening weekend? Really interested to see how it is

Burgers are unreal. Wish I had ordered 2.

Chips not so much. No better than standard frozen oven chips

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Got the fish tacos from tequila jacks, food was very nice and the chips were nice cause they were the skin on fries. Got the mask aswell like Kerry 25 x.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

By 4 pm yesterday, Iyer's had no more slots for collecting food!
    Not open again until Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Does anybody know where the Lai Qulia restaurant is? It used be where Coriander is now. I thought they closed down but I ordered from them the other day on Deliveroo.
    I have no idea where it came from. They don't offer a collection service either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭Markcheese

BruteStock wrote: »
    Does anybody know where the Lai Qulia restaurant is? It used be where Coriander is now. I thought they closed down but I ordered from them the other day on Deliveroo.
    I have no idea where it came from. They don't offer a collection service either.

Isn't it next to coriander ? I'm pretty sure I noticed the sign yesterday ..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Billythekid19

BruteStock wrote: »

Lai Quila is re-opened in Douglas.
    Looks like they were closed last year for mouse droppings
    https://www.corkbeo.ie/culture/food-drink/mouse-droppings-staff-changing-area-17063498

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Are Lal Quila any connection to Coriander or are they completely separate?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

JohnK wrote: »
    Are Lal Quila any connection to Coriander or are they completely separate?

I thought Lal Quila became Coriander? I think it's common for restaurants shut by the HSE to rename themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I was thinking that but then I seem to remember someone saying they were unconnected as theres another Coriander in Ballincollig so I've never been sure. Saying that I'm pretty sure there used to be another Lal Quila somewhere too so maybe that was what became the Ballincollig Coriander

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

JohnK wrote: »
    I was thinking that but then I seem to remember someone saying they were unconnected as theres another Coriander in Ballincollig so I've never been sure. Saying that I'm pretty sure there used to be another Lal Quila somewhere too so maybe that was what became the Ballincollig Coriander

Lal Quila were involved in Charcoal Grill on Popes's Quay at one time, too.
    I don't think they are connected with the current tenants, Mirch Masalla.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Lai Quila is re-opened in Douglas.
    Looks like they were closed last year for mouse droppings
    https://www.corkbeo.ie/culture/food-drink/mouse-droppings-staff-changing-area-17063498

No, that's Coriander now, separate to the old Lal Quila which had numerous health and safety breaches.

I rang Coriander before asking this as Lal Quila was still on Just Eat with the Douglas address.. and they told me not to order from Lal Quila, as it was someone else using that name with Coriander's address, according to the guy on the phone. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

No, that's Coriander now, separate to the old Lal Quila which had numerous health and safety breaches.

I rang Coriander before asking this as Lal Quila was still on Just Eat with the Douglas address.. and they told me not to order from Lal Quila, as it was someone else using that name with Coriander's address, according to the guy on the phone. Weird.

There was a Lal Quila in Ballincollig that morphed into Coriander. Same gang I assumed. They are also the same gang as Spice of India in Bishopstown, I always thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Usir

I got Coriander take away from their Ballincollig address last weekend and it was fantastic, try the Farmers Butter Chicken!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement