Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line cant get broadband

Options
  • 23-02-2011 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi,

My brother has been trying to get broadband on this telephone line but for some reason the line is capable of it. He lives directly across from me and we are in an area that was broadband enabled in 09. I remember checking at the time for him and another neighbour but both couldn't get it, while the rest of the hours could. We live in a rural area but are only 100yards apart. I seem to remember hearing something about it being a 'split line' or something similar? Is there any thing he can do to get adsl through his line? i'll pass on phone number and anything else required if needed.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

jrochie wrote: »
    Hi,

My brother has been trying to get broadband on this telephone line but for some reason the line is capable of it. He lives directly across from me and we are in an area that was broadband enabled in 09. I remember checking at the time for him and another neighbour but both couldn't get it, while the rest of the hours could. We live in a rural area but are only 100yards apart. I seem to remember hearing something about it being a 'split line' or something similar? Is there any thing he can do to get adsl through his line? i'll pass on phone number and anything else required if needed.

Thanks
    Hi jrochie
    yes, PM me the telephone numers you wish to have broadband on and I will see if there is any posibility of this.
    This information can take a while to get as have to organise local tech in the area to see if other lines / ports in exchange are available but should be able to advise by next week..
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭jrochie

Hi Tony,

PM sent with details there. thanks

Hi Tony,

Any update for me?

Thanks

Hi Tony,

Any update for me?

Thanks
    No yet I am afraid jroche, still pushing.
    Back to you as soon as I get word.
    Tony

I'm guessing nothing has happened yet Tony? any idea how long its likely to take?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

If you can get broadband on your own line then you could use wifi to share with your brother.

I'm guessing nothing has happened yet Tony? any idea how long its likely to take?
    Hi jroche
    well have spoken to tech in area and he was not very positive about the posibility, however is still being investigated and have been told would get final word tomorrow.
    Sorry for delay, techs have to check lines and ports in exchange for availability.
    So.... tomorrow then. I hope.
    Either way will be in contact then.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Just curious, was this issue resolved or at least did the issue involve a line splitter/pairgain??

Just curious, was this issue resolved or at least did the issue involve a line splitter/pairgain??

Hi To_be_confirmed
    we are still working on this and hopefully can provide service here. Should have more info this week.
    Tony

Advertisement