Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Xbox Power Supply

• 23-02-2011 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

Anyone in Dublin looking to sell one or know anywhere I could procure one?

Should point out that that's an xbox 360
    Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

As far as I know the likes of Gamestop would have "spares" if you wanted to give one a buzz?

Failing that you're going to have to consult ebay\buyandsell and adverts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Anyone in Dublin looking to sell one or know anywhere I could procure one?

Should point out that that's an xbox 360
    Cheers!

What model xbox 360? (how old is it?), i have 2 of them gathering dust here that i'm not using (long and uninteresting story). you can have 1 of you want to collect it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭Gumble01

how old is the xbox? if you are getting three red lights on the console and call xbox there is a three year warranty on the psu they will replace it for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭hardcore

I would assume that there should be some on ebay and would be less than paying at gamestop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

There are 3 models of "white" xbox and 3 different power packs to go with each one. You cannot interchange one with the other as they all have unique connections into the console itself. You can purchase the very newer one on line but all of them can be ordered direct from Microsoft. If you provide the serial number from the rear of the console they will know which power pack you need.

I recall the cost was £25 sterling when I called up 6 months ago to replace a 1st gen power pack.

If your not sure what type of 360you have (xepher, falcon or jasper) then give them a call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Lantus wrote: »
    There are 3 models of "white" xbox and 3 different power packs to go with each one. You cannot interchange one with the other as they all have unique connections into the console itself. You can purchase the very newer one on line but all of them can be ordered direct from Microsoft. If you provide the serial number from the rear of the console they will know which power pack you need.

I recall the cost was £25 sterling when I called up 6 months ago to replace a 1st gen power pack.

If your not sure what type of 360you have (xepher, falcon or jasper) then give them a call.

You're a funny guy.

The Xenon, which is the first iteration of the old model 360 has a 203W power supply running 16.5A. It is a universal power supply, it will power any console. It was only in later iterations that the Power Supply plug was changed slightly to not fit the older console - because everybody knows pulling 16.5A/203W through a Power Supply with a max output of 14.2A/175W (Falcon revision) or 12.5A/150W is a terrible idea and will kill your PSU.

The cost of replacing a power supply directly from Microsoft is €30. It doesn't matter what the wattage of the brick is. It used to be the case that even if you had a Falcon or a Jasper you could request a Xenon power brick, but in recent times they've been insisting that you'll get the model of power supply belonging to the console you're requesting one for.

Seeing as the 360 is a fickle beast, I'd recommend sticking with the official power supply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

I have a spare official one I got off microsoft a while ago if you want it I can sell it to you for €15 + postage to where ever you are.
    Its one of the ones that work with all the larger 360's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Consolepros

I have a few your more than welcome to one.

Advertisement