Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who has canvassed you for your vote?

Options
  • 23-02-2011 7:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭

Hi. I am unemployed so im at home all day and night mostly. All the politicians are saying this is the most important election in the states history, yet I have only had ONE candidate call to the door. John Halligan called today. Thats it. I cant believe I have only been canvassed once for my vote. And i live in Portlaw , where two of the candidates are from.
    How many candidates have called to you looking for your vote? Actual candidates, not someone canvassing on their behalf.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Thankfully haven't met any.

Paudie Coffey did leave me his autograph on a damaged card of propganda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

No actual candidate called but on separate occasions we've had people from the Coffey and Deasy camps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

My mate lives in Portlaw and he said Paudie and Seamus Ryan called to his house.

I met Gerry Adams and David Cullinane in Ring last week while they were canvassing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Where you based Tom? Afaik, Fine Gael has covered pretty much all of Tramore (at least for Paudie Coffey).. they were knocking on doors also..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

Sully wrote: »
    Where you based Tom? Afaik, Fine Gael has covered pretty much all of Tramore (at least for Paudie Coffey).. they were knocking on doors also..
    based in portlaw in the centre of the village and only met one candidate. John Halligan. And im at home all of the time. So i thought it was odd that i only got one call at the door.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

tom thum wrote: »
    based in portlaw in the centre of the village and only met one candidate. John Halligan. And im at home all of the time. So i thought it was odd that i only got one call at the door.

You have at least two candidates in Portlaw, I very much doubt they didn't canvass their own area. You sure you just didn't miss them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

Sully wrote: »
    You have at least two candidates in Portlaw, I very much doubt they didn't canvass their own area. You sure you just didn't miss them?
    No. As i said , im at home all day and night. And ive actually stayed in the last couple of weeks hoping that they would call. Ive gotten plenty of rubbish through the door but no face to face interaction. And you are right. We have two candidates out here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

We've had Fine Gael to the door here (Slieverue) 4 times now, including the time my boyfriend went into town and on his way back out caught some Fine Gael head trying to put 3 huge posters up on our land. Each time they are told to get lost, you'd think they would tell each other not to bother calling to particular houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Living up between Rice Park and Castle Street.

David Cullinane stopped by a few weeks back.
    John Halligan canvasser knocked on the door, then John came over himself for a chat.
    Joe Tobin handed in a leaflet, couldnt really get a conversation out of him tbh. Seemed tired.

Spotted FG canvassing down the road when I was coming back from the shop, but was suprised when I just got a leaflet in the door instead.
    Leaflet from Labour but nothing at all from Kenneally.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tangled

Living in Dungarvan town, two callers were people representing Paudie Coffey and people representing Ciara Conway. No actual candidate called. Someone left a leaflet for Tom Higgins in the porch one day when the front door was open and we were in the kitchen (we could probably be seen from the door). That's all - anything else we got came in the post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Tramore, Brendan Keneally.
    "I know we're not the most popular ATM, but Brendan is a good guy really."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 kingstapler

Boskowski wrote: »
    Tramore, Brendan Keneally.
    "I know we're not the most popular ATM, but Brendan is a good guy really."

Fair play to him for trying, dont they say God loves a tryer and thats all that Brendan Keneally's campaign was doing there. I may not agree with them but fair play to him if you know what I mean.

Advertisement