If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need quotes and advice on AV system

Options
  • 23-02-2011 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,

I'm in the market for an AV system, budget is around €700, but I might be able to stretch it a bit more for the right kit.

After a few weeks of reading various reviews, I've come up with the following for my budget.

Denon AVR1611 receiver or
    Onkyo TX-SR508 with
    Boston Soundware XS5.1 speakers.

I've heard the Denon is also great for music, so I'm veering towards that.

But I would really love to be able to get the following, not sure if I will have the budget.

Yamaha RXV667 Receiver
    Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 Speakers.

I like the video upscaling features of the Yamaha, and the connectivity options. And I've heard good about the AV Vectors.

I may also be in the market for a 2nd TV, 37" or 40", doesn't have to be 1080p, at 37" size, a good 720p plasma should look good enough.

I might be willing to drive up to Belfast to collect everything - although I know if I do this I will probably spend more :-)

Can you give me some quotes on the above please.
    Or any other suitable offers you might have - I need at least 3 hdmi connections on the receiver, but would prefer 4.

thanks
    Alan

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

bralan wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm in the market for an AV system, budget is around €700, but I might be able to stretch it a bit more for the right kit.

After a few weeks of reading various reviews, I've come up with the following for my budget.

Denon AVR1611 receiver or
    Onkyo TX-SR508 with

I've heard the Denon is also great for music, so I'm veering towards that.

But I would really love to be able to get the following, not sure if I will have the budget.

Yamaha RXV667 Receiver

I like the video upscaling features of the Yamaha, and the connectivity options. And I've heard good about the AV Vectors.

I may also be in the market for a 2nd TV, 37" or 40", doesn't have to be 1080p, at 37" size, a good 720p plasma should look good enough.

I might be willing to drive up to Belfast to collect everything - although I know if I do this I will probably spend more :-)

Can you give me some quotes on the above please.
    Or any other suitable offers you might have - I need at least 3 hdmi connections on the receiver, but would prefer 4.

thanks
    Alan

Alan,

Thanks for the post & apologies for the delay getting back to you:

Here are a few ideas....

The Onkyo TXSR508 is now finished (and as you say I think that the Denon is better for music anyway..) So:

Denon AVR1611 receiver

£519.90

Yamaha RXV667 Receiver

Now we are cooking on gas - as you know the 667 is a superb receiver and the Monitor Audios are well.. they are Monitor Audio's so 'nuf said!

£599.95

This is a superb deal - if you look online you will see many places selling the VEECTOR 5.1 on it's own at over £500 (Play.com are currrently £643 - just for the VECTOR and Sight & Sound are £650!)

We have the 667 available from stock and the vector is available in stock in either Black or White.

You will need some speaker cables & HDMI as well - if you can give me an idea of what you need I'll work out a system price for you with a decent deal on the accessories as well.

Thanks again and keep me posted if I can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 15 bralan

Yamaha RXV667 Receiver

For £599.95 - I can't resist that offer - Sold.

I already have plenty of good speaker cable and HDMI leads, so I think all I need extra will be a subwoofer cable to hook it up to the amp.

Would the receiver fit on this stand you have on offer ?

21. Icon Clear Glass Hi-Fi Rack - Was £79.95 – Boardie clearance price £29.95
    Do you have any pics of it, or even just the dimensions, number of shelves etc.

Have you any Bluray players at a good price, I saw another post where someone is looking for an LG BD550 ? Do you stock that model ?

How much would delivery be to Dublin ? I could drive up and collect but may not be able to until week after next, and I want it sooner - before I change my mind again. :D

thanks John

Alan

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Yamaha RXV667 Receiver

For £599.95 - I can't resist that offer - Sold.

Thanks for that Alan and apologies for the delay getting back to you.
    I already have plenty of good speaker cable and HDMI leads, so I think all I need extra will be a subwoofer cable to hook it up to the amp.

No problem - if you can get away with a short one we have the excellent SWA6305 which is 1.5 Mtrs and is an AMAZING cable for the spends - if you need longer we have a 3mtr version the SWA3523 at £9.95.
    Would the receiver fit on this stand you have on offer ?

21. Icon Clear Glass Hi-Fi Rack - Was £79.95 – Boardie clearance price £29.95
    Do you have any pics of it, or even just the dimensions, number of shelves etc.

Yep it should fit - I dont have any pics unfortunately - its just a clear glass rach with 4 shelves and silver legs..

Have you any Bluray players at a good price, I saw another post where someone is looking for an LG BD550 ? Do you stock that model ?

Yes we have the BD550 at £69.95 - but if you are going for the 667 - I would stretch myself and get either the BDPS470 at £139.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/search/bdps470

Or my preference would be the LG BX580 3D jobbie, again at £139.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/lg/bx580/lg-bx580

All in stock & ready to ship!

Keep me posted & again apologies for the delay getting back to you.

How much would delivery be to Dublin ? I could drive up and collect but may not be able to until week after next, and I want it sooner - before I change my mind again. :D

DON'T change your mind for gods sake :D

Delivery on the 667/Vector5.1/DVD/Cable would be about £24 (That vector weights a ton!)

Keep me posted so we can get you sorted & again apologies for the delay getting back to you.

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

ok, here's my final list

Yamaha RXV667 AV Receiver
    Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 Speakers
    BluRay player LG BD550
    Sub Woofer cable SWA6305 – 1.5m
    Hi-Fi glass rack – clearance special - €29.95

What's the final price including delivery and how do I place the order ?
    Do I call the shop in Belfast ?

thanks

Edit: Never mind, I called the shop and Kieran took care of me.

Thanks again
    -Alan

Everything arrived and is now setup and operational.
    Wow, really brings movies to life on my 50" plasma.

Now that we have the bigger sound, my kids want me to get a bigger screen and a popcorn machine :D

Hmmm, seems a shame to not have a 7.1 speaker setup with the RX667, I might be looking for another pair of suitable speakers in the not too distant future.

thanks again Richer Sounds.
    :)

Alan

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.