Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Stoke, 19:45

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

They didn't do well? Stoke got promoted 3 seasons ago, they've finished in the bottom half of the table in the next 2 seasons, so yes I think they did very well tonight to come to the Emirates an limit us in the way they did. Could have easily finished all square. I'm not saying I like watching them play ball, but they play to their strengths!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Good win for ye tonight. Overshadowed nicely by the CL.

Looking forward to a tough title race.

Also always nice to see stoke lose. terrible footballing team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

L'prof wrote: »
    They didn't do well? Stoke got promoted 3 seasons ago, they've finished in the bottom half of the table in the next 2 seasons, so yes I think they did very well tonight to come to the Emirates an limit us in the way they did. Could have easily finished all square. I'm not saying I like watching them play ball, but they play to their strengths!
    It could of easily finished 2-3 nil to Arsenal. What chances did they have really? Bar a shawcross attempted header which hit Djourou. Thats it really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

KeithAFC wrote: »
    It could of easily finished 2-3 nil to Arsenal. What chances did they have really? Bar a shawcross attempted header which hit Djourou. Thats it really.

I didn't say they had any real chances, but we weren't good enough up top to pull clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

So I'm the only one who had full faith tonight? Don't think we ever looked in trouble and passed them to death. Works a charm once an early goal is in, although a bigger cushion would obviously have been nice for insurance.

Wilshere and Song were superb in terms of keeping the ball tonight I thought.

Picture_1_26.png

PS Agree about Stoke's approach being negative. Not wrong though, given their situation. But Woj completed more passes in open play than Delap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Did Bill just say Arsenal scored after 27 seconds? :rolleyes: That was the Walcott chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Aye the FIRST goal was after 27 seconds according to bill. I was cursing livescore and was cursing bill 2 minutes later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

L'prof wrote: »

The thing that's so horrible about them is, they'd play exactly the same way against Wolves.

Defend deep - get it forward - look for set pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Stoke are a disgrace in general. One of the worst football sides iv ever seen.

Great defending from us in some big pressure moments. Good goal too. Nice assist by Bendtner.

Saw this this morning and it reminded me of your post. You should know better slating poor footballing sides, you're a fan of Rangers & Northern Ireland afterall :D

Football snobbery
    Are Arsenal fans right to get so haughty over Stoke's style?

Advertisement