Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get blinds in tullamore?

Options
  • 23-02-2011 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi, anyone know where to get window blinds in the tullamore, looked up two places but both were closed down when I went into them:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

We got ours from Boltons (in the mall on william street across from AIB bank) who came out and measured all windows and gave us the quote. It was a decent quote so we went ahead with it so he sent the boys who put the blinds up out to us a few days later.
    The boys were a blind short. They Left 1 window on the front of the house short of a blind. We called Boltons, and were told we didn't order X amount, that we had ordered Y. Despite him clearly measuring the window lol. Anyhow, he came out later that night, measured it again and the extra charge for the blinds brought the price up to almost the same quote from Tullamore blinds.

Having said that - He was still (even after the "mistake") marginally cheaper than TB and a lot nicer and more professional. We were not waiting on the blinds for a long time, he was extremely fast sorting out the problem and the blinds were fitted quickly, and they do look beautiful.

We were looking for venician blinds, and when we tried to price them with T B the woman basically told me i was throwing my money away, that id be better off getting the aluminimum blinds to put up as they looked like the real thing (they didnt), and that the wooden ones would warp like hers did, and they were "too heavy" to pull up and down (who pulls venician blinds up and down anyway?!) and they were "very expensive".

We ended up going with the proper wooden ones with michael bolton, and so far so good!!

just make sure hes measured all the windows eh ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Skipmeister

Thanks for that:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

+1 for Boltons as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Gorteenman

All depends on the kind of blinds you want! Silver River on Offaly street do a huge range, have a reputation for being expensive but they seem to have blinds at all prices and its free to get a quote!

Advertisement