Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing threads with no discussion

Options
  • 23-02-2011 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

I have twice now had threads closed, which I carefully worded so they were asking for peoples experiences, not medicals advise. No discussion, just closed.

Why are some people allowed discuss things like pregnancy signs symptoms etc, but others are not.

And surely there has to be some recourse to argue your point with a mod. Every email I send basically says..Tough, I am the mod and I can do what I want. One even told me that the boards was a dictatorship(quote) and get over it.
    i am considering closing my acc
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It depends on the forum and the threads. However I agree some note should be made by the closer, even if it is just a "not suitable to this forum" or similar.
    This way the OP (thread starter) will know who to contact for clarification if needed.

It a fine line sometimes asking for experiences/advice and the mods of the forum usually make the best call.
    You can also begin by sending a PM to the mods of the forum asking whether this or that thread would be ok to post.

If you're not happy then you can use the process for disagreements here. Make sure to read the Notice there before starting a thread. There is a process in place and you need to follow it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Just to add here, there was a mod note in the closed threads refering you to the charter on medical advice.

In my opinion (and I'm not sure about others) I don't see pregnancy as a medical condition so see threads asking about what the early signs of pregnancy as ok. The thread you started was on a medical condition which can occur during pregnancy and you asked people for advice on when they started getting their earliest symptoms, if you think you have a medical condition you need to see your doctor whether you think the symptoms are starting early or not as this particular medical condition can present it self at different stages of pregnancy for different women and it's not an all across the board type of thing. That is why your thread was locked.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Jinxi
    Please use the dispute resolution forum if you have a problem.

With regards to medical advice, nobody on this site is qualified to give it. Any thread asking for it will automatically be closed. If you have a medical problem, you will always be directed to your doctor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement