Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky new customer offer, worth it?

• 23-02-2011 8:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭

Just rang Sky to inquire about signing up for TV. The guy I spoke to said he could do HD for €7.50 pm instead of €15. I was interested in the variety and knowledge packs. This means I would get the above 2 packs and HD for €32.50 pm. I asked him if there was any other offer or sweetner he could throw in, he said that he couldn't, so I told him I'd think about it and left it at that.

So, is this a good deal? I'm a long time FTA bod and just fancied a bit of variety. What do you think folks?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

dnme wrote: »
    So, is this a good deal? I'm a long time FTA bod and just fancied a bit of variety. What do you think folks?

I think so

I got offered €10 a month and took it recently

I doithink its likely to come down in future and maybe even dissapear as HD becomes more the norm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭cartman51773

i have the HD for free for the year only cos i got someone good on the other end of the line. the Hd is fantastic but there is no way you would pay €15 a month for it if like me you just get the Variety and Knowledge. you only watch 5 or so channels in HD.
    Sky Atlantic HD
    Discovery HD
    Nat geo HD
    History HD
    BBC HD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭loopymum

It's not a great offer, have a look at fatcheese and bethrifty to see what sign up deals they are offering.

I signed up through them in December and I'm due to get €160 cashback in March from Fatcheese and I also got all channels free for a month. I then cancelled all the channels the same day the system was installed.

I got 4 boxes (1 sky hd and three basic boxes) at the time and I am paying €23 for the basic package + €25 for hd and multi-room.

Advertisement