Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photographing Sports about Drogheda Town?

Options
  • 23-02-2011 8:42pm

Hey all,

Bit of a photography enthusiast, for want of a better term, and I'm looking to try my hand at sports of any and all descriptions.

I've photographed two football games, but that's all, and the teams I photographed don't really seem to have anything coming up that I can go to, so I thought I'd ask on here to see if anyone knows of any local sports, of any description, where the people wouldn't mind someone popping along with a camera?

I live in Rathmullen, and there's a football field (or two?) near my house, but it's seems a sh*thole, and I never really see anyone playing on it to be honest, though at the same time, it doesn't strike me as a place that's the most organised or such either, so I probably wouldn't head up there with my camera anyway.

So yeah.. Just wondering if anyone knows of anything at all, or people who have their own football teams or such that I could contact?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Geezer1000

What about boxing? Theres a few boxing clubs in Drogheda. Im sure they wouldnt mind you taking pics, especially if they get copies of them.

I doubt I'd be much good at it, but I'd love to try photographing boxing. Never thought of that, actually, yeah.

Must see if I can get some addresses or emails for them. There are only two I know of, though. One down near Moneymore, and the other in Ballsgrove?

Advertisement