Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Milad Procession & Seerah Conference in Ireland

• 23-02-2011 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Assalamu alaikum everyone,

I am not sure if its allowed to post an upcoming event here. If its not allright can a moderator take this down?

There is a Milad Procession & Seerah Conference in Dublin 15 this Sunday at 1:30pm in Al-Mustafa Islamic Cultural Centre (31 Coolmine Industrial Estate, Blanchardstown). Al-Mustafa Islamic Centre is a Sunni Sufi Centre.

This is the first time in Ireland that a procession is going to be held to celebrate the Birthday of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). Muslims will be walking in their traditional dresses singing Nasheeds on the streets in Blanchardstown.

The Imams of the major mosques will be present and deliver speeches in the Conference after the procession.

All are invited.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

Salaam Irish Muslim,

I was under the impression it is forbidden to celebrate Prophet Muhammed's (PBUH) birthday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Irish_Muslim

Salaam Irish Convert

There are two opinions about it. The majority does celebrate it and it is called Milad un Nabi or Mawlid Nabawi.

Celebration of any anniversary is allowed according to the Quran. The nation of Moses used to celebrate their independence from the Pharao and this is mentioned in Surah Al-Baqarah

It is however not compulsory to celebrate as this is just an expression of Love for the Holy Prophet (pbuh)

Why don't you come on the procession and there will be a Q and A and u will be able to ask the scholars your questions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I know that there are fairly large celebrations in Pakistan. I remember watching some of it on television last year. So I don't think its really forbidden, but I am sure some take that position.

Salaam Irish Convert

There are two opinions about it. The majority does celebrate it and it is called Milad un Nabi or Mawlid Nabawi.

Celebration of any anniversary is allowed according to the Quran. The nation of Moses used to celebrate their independence from the Pharao and this is mentioned in Surah Al-Baqarah

It is however not compulsory to celebrate as this is just an expression of Love for the Holy Prophet (pbuh)

Why don't you come on the procession and there will be a Q and A and u will be able to ask the scholars your questions

Thanks for the invite but I will be out of the country. Good luck with the celebrations anyway :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14 There

Salam,

I find it odd that you claim the majority of people celebrate it. The Prophet (PBUH) did not celebrate his birthday, nor did the companions celebrate the Prophet's (PBUH) birthday from what I know. Since you also mentioned its the first offical "celebration" in Ireland makes the whole majoirty thing abit far fetched. Hope this video clears a few things up for you brother. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ0H2TLqvdE&feature=related

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

Assalamu alaikum everyone,

I am not sure if its allowed to post an upcoming event here. If its not allright can a moderator take this down?

There is a Milad Procession & Seerah Conference in Dublin 15 this Sunday at 1:30pm in Al-Mustafa Islamic Cultural Centre (31 Coolmine Industrial Estate, Blanchardstown). Al-Mustafa Islamic Centre is a Sunni Sufi Centre.

This is the first time in Ireland that a procession is going to be held to celebrate the Birthday of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). Muslims will be walking in their traditional dresses singing Nasheeds on the streets in Blanchardstown.

The Imams of the major mosques will be present and deliver speeches in the Conference after the procession.

All are invited.

Sir, Irish Muslim, The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) lead a very simple, He didn't celebrated his birthdays. You are attaching a wasting to the Prophet who was so kind and merciful to his people that he even remained hungry many time. He will never like it. What he likes is
    In the twentieth book of the Kitab al-Arba‘in entitled “The Principle of Following the Sunna” al-Ghazili states:
    Know that the key to happiness is the following of the Sunna (itiba‘ l-Sunna) and the imitation of the Apostle of Allah (iqtida’ bi rasul Allah) in all his comings and goings, motions, and rests even in the aspect of his eating, rising, sleeping and speaking. I do not say this only in regard to his practice in the arts of worship (adab l-‘Abadat), for there is no reason for the neglecting of the practices (al-Sunan) which appear therein, rather I say this in all the matters of customs. Thus there results the absolute following (of Muhammad). Allah said, “If you love God, follow me; God will love YOU." And Allah also said, “Whatever the Prophet gave you, take it, and whatever he forbids you, desist from it.” 3 It is incumbent upon you to put on full trousers (al-Sarawil) while sitting and to attire yourself with a turban while standing. It is also incumbent upon you that, when you put on your shoes, you begin with the right foot; that you eat with your right hand; that you cut your fingernails beginning with the forefinger of the right hand and ending with the thumb of the right hand; that you begin with the little toe with the right foot and finish with the little toe of the left foot. Thus in all your movements and rests.… Moreover you must not show levity in regard to these matters and say that these things appertain only to customs and that there is no meaning to follow these. For if you do this, there will close against you a great door of the doors of happiness.

dead one wrote: »
    Sir, Irish Muslim, The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) lead a very simple, He didn't celebrated his birthdays. You are attaching a wasting to the Prophet who was so kind and merciful to his people that he even remained hungry many time. He will never like it. What he likes is

If you're going to quote from other websites can you please post a link so people can check it out themselves.

Thank you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

If you're going to quote from other websites can you please post a link so people can check it out themselves.

Thank you.

Sir Irishconvert, Sorry i forget, thanks for reminding the dead one, here is link

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=7&ID=2474&CATE=108

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Irish_Muslim

I am not here to debate and discuss the islamic ruling on celebrating Milad un Nabi and neither started this thread with this intention.
    There are two opinions among Muslims on this and just follow what appeals to you and respect the other opinion. Simple as that.
    There are 4 schools of thought in Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jamaah; Hanafi, Maliki, Shafi and Hanbali and they have different views on various matters yet they do respect each others opinions.

You have mentioned one website of Muslim Jurists which do oppose the celebration. Please find links of various other Jurists and scholars which do consider this permissible and they even back their opinions with Quran, Sunnah and Practise of Ulemaa of the last 13 centuries....

http://www.therevival.co.uk/static/articles/milad-un-nabbi.php

http://www.codkaahlusunnah.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=109:fatawa-of-the-rightly-guided-imams-on-mawlid&catid=1:latest-news

http://www.islamicsupremecouncil.com/why-eid-milad-un-nabi_files/frame.htm

Please find also a link to a youtube link of a very wellknown and respected Islamic Scholar who is considered an authority on Islamic Law. Recently this scholar issued a Fatwa against Terrorism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esUmPdx7kVg

This is a clip on the same subject of a student of the above mentioned scholar, who is residing in Dublin at the moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swjoglzgz4I

Lastly I want to update you all about the amazing Mawlid Procession which took place last Sunday in Blanchardstown.It was a very successful event.

Please see this link for the pictures of the event :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQSJ8CfDQGA

There are two opinions among Muslims on this and just follow what appeals to you and respect the other opinion. Simple as that. ...

I agree 100%. There is far too much infighting between Muslims when we should be all united with what we have in common.

• Advertisement
Advertisement