Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I get a statement sent to me every month?

Options
  • 23-02-2011 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭

I am 17 so on a secondary school atm card with BOI. I have asked my branch twice to send me a statement every month but they never do. I can't use online banking as I'm under 18. How can I get a statement posted/emailed to me every month? I can never tell whats in the account :mad:

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

You'll only get a statement if your account moves (ie there are 4 transactions) in that statement period. For example if you want a statement every month, there needs be 4 transactions on your account for the statement to generate.

If you have less than 4 transactions, do you have an ATM card? If you do, you can request a statement at an ATM and one will be posted out to you. I wasn't aware that you had to be over 18 to use online banking. I just had a look at the terms and conditions there now and it didn't mention it. Did someone in B365 tell you this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I'm fairly sure I had 365online activated when I was 17, this was back in 2001 though

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Ste.phen wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure I had 365online activated when I was 17, this was back in 2001 though

That's what I was thinking. As far as I remember I've had 365 since I was in Junior cert year.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

everyone should have access to internet banking, ask your bank to change the frequency of your statements

Advertisement