Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MPhil in Race, Ethnicity and Conflict @ TCD

Options
  • 23-02-2011 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

I'm looking into doing this course but I'm not 100% decided yet - I didn't find any past threads on the subject so I thought I'd ask. Has anyone done the course before or doing it at the moment? I'd appreciate any feedback at all (along the lines of the selection process/background of the students, what the course was like, what people are doing afterwards). I'd be interested in going on to study Human Rights Law in the future, so I'm also wondering if it would be a good stepping stone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Is there a particular reason you wouldn't launch into the human rights law now?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

I've been looking into that too, but I don't feel that I have the right background to go straight into it (my primary degree is in English, Media and Cultural Studies) and I don't have the work experience in the area to make it up - I'm hoping to have that in the future. Saying that, I know that previous students from the same degree have gone on to do postgrad in both those areas, so it is possible to get in with that degree. Anyway, none of this is set in stone yet, I'm just trying to research and decide right now, that's why I'm looking for some advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Fragglefur

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

Yup, that was actually the main Human Rights LLM I was researching (there are a few others) and I have the prospectus. Still, I don't really feel equiped to go straight into that right now...if anyone is or has completed that course too, I'd love to hear from them as well.

Advertisement