Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lightnet

• 23-02-2011 9:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭

are these any good?i might switch to them,and whats the differance between wimax and wifi, does one give you faster speeds.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

WELL?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

innthe wrote: »
    WELL?!

lol, yeah I'd say you'll get loads of replys posting in this manner.

☀️ 7.6kWp ⚡3.4kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

lol, yeah I'd say you'll get loads of replys posting in this manner.

haha, yea I KNOW, you replied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Eoin_Sheehy

Simple explanation: WiMax is 4G technology (a continuation from 3G mobile signal) it is used in America for mobile phones also, but in Ireland imagine.ie are the main users of it for home broadband and home phone, it's much faster than 3G. WiFi is the signal given out from your router, which could be recieving WiMax. WiFi speed is dependent on the speed you pay for in your bill. And yes WELL?! isn't the best reason to reply to a thread.

Simple explanation: WiMax is 4G technology (a continuation from 3G mobile signal) it is used in America for mobile phones also, but in Ireland imagine.ie are the main users of it for home broadband and home phone, it's much faster than 3G. WiFi is the signal given out from your router, which could be recieving WiMax. WiFi speed is dependent on the speed you pay for in your bill. And yes WELL?! isn't the best reason to reply to a thread.

Thanks, i only meant that to the other guy not you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement