Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no airtricity bill

Options
  • 23-02-2011 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

i moved from esb to airtricity. a while ago...

first bill came no problem

6 weeks later i got another bill...no warning of it and money was debited from mmy account...no email/txt to let me know...and according to their website its every 2 months...i thought i'll let it slide....

now that was november and not one sign of a bill from them...i have emailed them last wednesday and nothing back...

has anyone had similar fate with them ...should i be ready to jump to bord gas

cheers

jonny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bmarley

Hi, I moved from ESB to airtricity and I am sorry I ever did. When I first changed over, I found that they underestimated at first which resulted in huge bills for next few months. Then, just before Christmas they sent me a bill which was an estimate but was 100 euro on top of what it should have been.

A neighbour of mine is in dispute over a bill they say she owe's. She moved out of a property in July and asked for supply to be disconnected and final bill sent. She was told she had 300 plus outstanding, which she paid. Then in December, another bill arrived to her for 100 euro - they said they had under estimated her original bill. The customer service she received was appalling. They have now sent her a solicitors letter for amount owed.

Would like to hear from others who have had positive/negative experiences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

Airtricity are famous for this, they dont send a bill for months and then hit you for a whopper bill and if you dont pay they will disconnect you. Joe Duffy had this on his show for about 3 days and there was some serious horror stories about Airtricity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

This happens to me every single time I submit a reading online. The last time it happened the excuse I was given was (honest to god) 'it's just that the reading you submitted was a good bit higher than your last reading so it froze your bill in the system and a bill couldn't be issued'. So make sure you don't submit a reading that's in any way higher than your last reading!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

Am glad I read this post, was planning on Moving to Airtricy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Just wondering if Airtricity is a 12 month contract or similar.....or can you switch back to your previous supplier?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

I'm having problems with Airtricity as well and their ridiculous meter reading submission system. I got a text on or about 18th, Feb reminding me to submit meter readings. I submitted both electricity and gas.

I got an on-line bill for electricity over the weekend which used my reading to then give me an estimated bill up to Friday last, no problem with that.

I rang them this morning looking for my gas bill and the fella on the phone checked and saw I'd submitted a reading and he was going to request a bill for me. He said that submitting a gas reading doesn't generate a bill automatically, I would have though it should.:confused:

If I hadn't submitted a reading God knows when the bill would have come. I wouldn't mind too much during the summer but it's going to be a big bill for December, Jan and Feb :eek:

The problem seems to be mostly with gas because Airtricity don't have any arrangement with Bord Gais to generate estimated usage figures so it's important to submit regular readings and request a bill (which sounds ridiculous to me). Bord Gais are only committed to taking actual readings three times per year.

Advertisement