Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I thought everyone should know...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

bmarley wrote: »
    I urge you to support your local businesses...even if they do charge more!

Yeah lets support the people who rip us off because they are local.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Svetti Arss

Autosport wrote: »
    I love Tesco :D

When they have wiped out the local baker, the local butcher, the local garage, the local newsagent, the local greengrocer and bought up every bit of land in your town to prevent any competition whatsoever and then up their prices I wonder will you still love Tesco.

I hate Tesco they are corporate scum. Every little helps my arse should be "Every little helps us"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Pauleta wrote: »
    Tesco employ loads of people and provide affordable food but of course left wing loons dont like them because they hate successful companies. Employment and affordable food = Evil :confused:

oh yes they sell food , but study's i have invented for dramatic point scoring indicate that the food they sell tends to be ****e , they sell more unhealthy salt and trans fat filled crap than all the other chancers sell..... FACT

and lets all face the elephant in the room !!! tesco backwards spells ocset :eek:

bring back h williams :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

^^ Your Avatar and that post seem to sit well together :)
    Autosport wrote: »
    I love Tesco :D

I used to love them although maybe its my imagination but they seem to have become a bit shyte over the last ten years or so.

All part of their plan no doubt ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭hardcore

Lads tesco is taking over EVERYTHING over here in England. Its crazy

If only they would take over governments, I'd vote them in anytime

• Advertisement

hardcore wrote: »
    If only they would take over governments, I'd vote them in anytime

How much do the donate to the Tories/Lib Dems/Labour ?

It maybe that they (and you) already have ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Every little hurts

FYP

Fcuk the Tescopoly I say.

They ain't doing anyone but themselves any favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Latchy wrote: »
    Sainsburys are they only other supermarket chain I know that sells petrol at uk stores so maybe it all part and parcel of the competition .
    Latchy wrote: »
    I should know that cos I'm in the large ASDA superstore at least once a fortnight but the petrol pumps at separate location a few miles away .

My local Asda has pumps at the store, not miles away :) Thankfully it's pay at pump ONLY so no waiting for some idiot to arse around in the shop buying chocolates, pot noodles and the Sun before paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I wonder if Tesco will start doing cheap laser eye surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭silverspoon

I've noticed Tesco get steadily more expensive for steadily sh*ttier products over the last while. But then that's not a trend limited to Tesco. There's better value to be had in Dunnes really, and the stuff in Dunnes is better (not saying it's great but it's better than Tesco!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    How are they crushing the competition if they are overcharging for inferior products ? :confused:

I keep asking myself that same question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Capitalism in action.

We don't live in a happy little utopia where some weirdy beardys organic turnip shop can exist in the same town as a supermarket selling the same basic product for half the price.

Yes, but they sell most of their products for the same price as everywhere else, every other supermarket anyway. People just seem to assume they're cheaper.

It strikes me that the same people who say 'that's capitalism' are those who'll say we need more Irish businesses to create jobs. (not directed at you Micky btw, just in general)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

I've been thinking the same. Tesco does mobile phones now, insurance, loans... What's next!?! I predict that, in a few years' time, we'll have nothing but Tesco Starbucks, Tesco Subway and Tesco Tesco - which sells everything else.

I'm cool with this though - I love Tesco!!!

xoxyx wrote: »
    What's next!?! I predict that, in a few years' time, we'll have nothing but Tesco Starbucks, Tesco Subway and Tesco Tesco - which sells everything else.

Tesco headshop :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 fproviders

Another monopoly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

If it was up to boards, we would still be driving a cart and using horses to plough fields.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

r3nu4l wrote: »
    My local Asda has pumps at the store, not miles away :) Thankfully it's pay at pump ONLY so no waiting for some idiot to arse around in the shop buying chocolates, pot noodles and the Sun before paying.
    My local ASDA's the equivalent to a Walmart ......it's fooking huge so maybe they didn't have enough space for the petrol pump :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭hardcore

At least they dont treat there employee's like slaves, take a look at Aldi and Lidl for that. I find them grand to be honest as theyre the cheapest place I can get my shopping done in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

and crazy prices

yes our prices are much better now; http://www.saveafewbob.ie/eu-grocery-survey/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Tesco Records.

They've signed the ginger love machine himself, Mick Hucknall!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭whydoibother?

They're also taking over the beauty industry. In the UK, they propose the introduction of beauty salons in their stores. You can have your hair done and get the groceries under one roof. Slightly worrying actually.:eek:

http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/beauty/news-features/TMG8298636/Tesco-beauty-salons-Like-you-just-stepped-out-of-a-supermarket.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    Tesco headshop :pac:

I would be very happy if that happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

fproviders wrote: »
    Another monopoly...

Where?

You don't mean tesco do you? A supermarket with competition such as Dunnes, SuperValu, Lidl, Aldi etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

At least they dont treat there employee's like slaves, take a look at Aldi and Lidl for that. I find them grand to be honest as theyre the cheapest place I can get my shopping done in.

Source? Or are you just saying stuff coz ya feel like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

I blame mary byrne.....ever since she and her big ballyer howeya squirrel head got on the telly tesco's have been doing great business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭this is arse

so you'd prefer to get fleeced by supa valu, centra or londis?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 11:11

It's funny to live in a time where easy access to everything you need is frowned upon.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

At least they dont treat there employee's like slaves, take a look at Aldi and Lidl for that.

I know people who have/do work in both. They don't treat you like a slave at all.

They expect you to perform the utterly unreasonable activity of doing what you're being paid to do. The fiends :mad:

Advertisement