Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

father for 36 hours so far

• 23-02-2011 9:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭

and all going well and we're both still sane and speaking to each other

can some one remind me of this thread in a few months :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

aww congratulations, enjoy every moment you will not believe how fast time goes by! :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Congrats dude!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Congrats! Boy or girl? What did you call him/her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Congratulations!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

foxy06 wrote: »
    Congrats! Boy or girl? What did you call him/her?

Guess hes really busy!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

Aw thats lovely, congrats.
    The first new days are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Congratulations my friend.
    It really really does fly by so do enjoy every moment.
    Always nice to read some good news :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Congrats:)
    The 1st month is the hardest!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I disagree with you.
    For me i found it easy cos i was so happy nothing seemed a chore or hard.
    Sorry to disagree with you:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Thanks for the messages, she's a lovely little girl called Zara

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Side Show Bob

Moonbeam wrote: »

first 3 months is the hardest, and theres 5 little ones here, but it gets easy, fun and rewaring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Congrats! Our little lad is 5 weeks today and it can seem like ground zero at the beginning but it gets better by degrees. He's already started to sleep longer at night and for me that was a huge change. Good luck and enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Belated congrats. I'm at nearly 9 months here with my son and I would agree with everyone the first month is the hardest probably because of sleep loss etc. Beyond that I have had the time of my life getting to know this new little person in my life and seeing their personality start to develop. Everything I worried about before he was born has become a non-issue now.

You will have days where both you and your partner will be knackered but myself and the missus have ensured we have time to ourselves and have come to an agreement with a friend of hers who gave birth around the same time to swap babysitting duties.

Good luck and keep us updated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Congrats, and totally agree with everyone, it flies, even though in a few weeks you will think you have always been this tired!!!! :)
    But I think once they hit three months, that is it, the baby is gone from them and you are wishing them back!! :)

First month was tough for me cos of recovery from C Section but I think week 6-12 were tough, it seemed I was tired forever!!
    BUT its all good!!!!

Advertisement