Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jersey modification question

• 23-02-2011 9:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

Can anyone tell me what the shiny plasticy looking X on some players jerseys is ?
    First seen it a lot in the world cup on certain spanish jerseys, noticed Robben was wearing it again tonight. It seems to pull the jersey tighter to the skin or something, but not sure what benefit it has.

Does anyone know ? or even know what I'm talking about ? never seen a replica for sale with this stuff on it though.

You can see it there shinging on the back of Llorentes jersey
    llorente-ap-584.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

Can anyone tell me what the shiny plasticy looking X on some players jerseys is ?
    First seen it a lot in the world cup on certain spanish jerseys, noticed Robben was wearing it again tonight. It seems to pull the jersey tighter to the skin or something, but not sure what benefit it has.

Does anyone know ? or even know what I'm talking about ? never seen a replica for sale with this stuff on it though.

You can see it there shinging on the back of Llorentes jersey
    llorente-ap-584.jpg

Just a part of the design. Marseille have it too. Must be an adidas thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Just a part of the design. Marseille have it too. Must be an adidas thing.

No, its specific to players requests I'd assume, as some have it some don't. I've only noticed Robben with it tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I always assumed they were two different types of jersey - one loose fit like the replicas we buy, and one tight fit with all that technology built into it. That's what I always thought, could be absolute bollox though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    I always assumed they were two different types of jersey - one loose fit like the replicas we buy, and one tight fit with all that technology built into it. That's what I always thought, could be absolute bollox though.

This would be my guess too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

As above, the replica ones we buy do not have it, it is Adidas Tech-Fit technology or something like that.

Just googled it and found this one for sale http://www.shopadidas.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4020174 $135 :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

It's an Adidas thing, it's part of whatever technological fad they are trying to push at any given time. Replica's don't have them because they'd be more expensive to produce, and are loose fitting as a result, so perhaps some players are request to wear replica's instead. But the official Adidas template of the day has that shiny **** on the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

$95 the difference between that and a standard ?! Jesus what a rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

SeantheMan wrote: »
    $95 the difference between that and a standard ?! Jesus what a rip off

Just another bit i found on it
    The adidas TECHFIT™ PowerWEB™ Sleeveless Tee maximises training intensity by taking a synergistic approach. High-compression PowerWEB™ improves stability and posture, while TPU Powerbands amplify explosive movements. Meanwhile, CLIMALITE® moisture protection keeps you cool, dry and focused.

It is a rip off but you have to remember they are not made to be sold to the public so i'm sure Adidas don't really care about the price, the PowerWEB tops on there own cost about $50 so integrating that with the jersey is probably not going to be cheap for Adidas to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Mark! wrote: »
    It is a rip off but you have to remember they are not made to be sold to the public so i'm sure Adidas don't really care about the price, the PowerWEB tops on there own cost about $50 so integrating that with the jersey is probably not going to be cheap for Adidas to do.

Tbh, it probably costs them about 10c in some sweatshop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Suprised these arnt marketed a bit more, there will always be someone who will buy this sort of thing.

Its the same as boots really.

• Advertisement
Advertisement