Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

noisy laptop

• 23-02-2011 9:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi there,

my daughters laptop has become very noisy - it is only 2 years old and little used - could it be the fan? why would it be noisy? It is very noisy - like a ticking noise

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭GodlikeRed

yes it is most likely the fan has become stuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Get a tin of compressed air and blow it out, you might get lucky.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

how do I do this, do I open up the back of the laptop???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 wexfordian01

it could be a wire hitting the fan. My computer had a wire hitting the fan and the noise would come on and off all the time. I opened the computer up and moved teh wire off the fan fixed the problem. To get to the fan open the laptop up adn if teh fan is dirty clean it also look for anything that might be blocking it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

thanks, I will give that a go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

how to clean a laptop fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMu4RF9sk4Q

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭gnolan

danjo-xx wrote: »

Don't know about that video. He seems to have it all pre-disassembled (unscrewed and the likes).

OP, you're going to want to get yourself an ESD wrist strap if you're going to go poking about inside the laptop. They're not expensive. Take a look on dealextreme.

Advertisement