Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag Party in Ennis

• 23-02-2011 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,

I'm thinking about having my stag party (40 people or so) in Ennis. Middle of July.

Just wondering if stag parties are welcome in the town. Wouldnt want to cause a hassle if local people do not like them and would make alternative arrangements.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Hi, welcome to boards.

I'm sure there have been plenty of threads on this topic here already, I'm just about to head out so I can't search now for you. Ennis is very welcoming to stags, most bars would welcome you with open arms and there are plenty of places to stay. In terms of activities there are plenty of options on offer from golfing to surfing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

At times like these (recession and blah...) you'll be very welcome, as long as all the forty people spend loads of money on drinks, food, accommodation and spend a day with shopping :D

Seriously, as long as you don't do any damage, get into fights and actually hassle people, I don't see why anyone would be opposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 roughtyman

Clareman wrote: »
    Hi, welcome to boards.

I'm sure there have been plenty of threads on this topic here already, I'm just about to head out so I can't search now for you. Ennis is very welcoming to stags, most bars would welcome you with open arms and there are plenty of places to stay. In terms of activities there are plenty of options on offer from golfing to surfing

Thanks for the welcome Clareman!

That's great about Ennis. I wanted to get local feedback before making the final decision! Think I def will go now!! Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 roughtyman

Carry wrote: »
    At times like these (recession and blah...) you'll be very welcome, as long as all the forty people spend loads of money on drinks, food, accommodation and spend a day with shopping :D

Seriously, as long as you don't do any damage, get into fights and actually hassle people, I don't see why anyone would be opposed.

Great stuff Carry. Thanks a million for the feedback. As mentioned I wanted to get the local feedback before making a final decision! Think I def will now!!

You're dead right about the whole fights and hassling people tho. Thats the last thing anyone would want!

We'll travel and we'll def spend so the local economy will benefit and we'll have good craic! Win win!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Hawk Wing 2

if you are spending money, they'll roll out the red carpet for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

Well for what its worth we went to ennis on a stag and it was miserable all the PUBLICIANS did was moan,moan and moaned again, we had to spread out into different groups of four to get in anywhere and then you couldn enjoy yourself. Stay clear if i was you. Now kilkenny is a different kettle of fish went there on two stags and a birthday party, they do not act like oap's, there you can really enjoy yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

mikehunts wrote: »
    Well for what its worth we went to ennis on a stag and it was miserable all they did was moan,moan and moaned again, we had to spread out into different groups of four to get in anywhere and then you couldn enjoy yourself. Stay clear if i was you. Now kilkenny is a different kettle of fish went there on two stags and a birthday party, they do not act like oap's, there you can really enjoy yourself.

Well, if you were moaning all the time and had to split up, no wonder you couldn't enjoy yourself... :rolleyes: :D

Large groups should probably call in advance if they want to get into an establishment. Sometimes places simply aren't prepared or have the space. It's a small town after all. Smaller than Kilkenny which is used to rather large tourist groups.

Btw, enjoyment is not necessarily something a place can provide, it's your own attitude and spirit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

In recent memory I can remember Hens/Stags in Knox's, Yolo's, Brewery, Charlie's, Ciaran's, Faffa's, all welcome with open arms, in fact in Faffa's they called in musician's to help with the sing song at around 7 on a Saturday evening so I don't know where you're getting the whole moaning thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

mikehunts wrote: »
    Well for what its worth we went to ennis on a stag and it was miserable all the PUBLICIANS did was moan,moan and moaned again, we had to spread out into different groups of four to get in anywhere and then you couldn enjoy yourself. Stay clear if i was you. Now kilkenny is a different kettle of fish went there on two stags and a birthday party, they do not act like oap's, there you can really enjoy yourself.
    Maybe they felt your group were a troublesome crowd so thats why you had to split up. Generally no problems in Ennis unless you are acting the goat. Maybe they accept that down in Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

Look lads there was absolutely no goat involved. We were no different to any stag party, anyway good luck to the op hope he has a good one wherever he ends up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭croker95

It might be no harm for the op to ring up the pub or nightclub beforehand.
    Pubs will throw in free shots or finger food for a group that big & a nightclub will definitely do a better deal if you ring beforehand.
    30/40 lads is great business for any Pub at the moment !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭deckycoop

hii op.. how did ennis go..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Locking this zombie thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement