Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a dot IE domain

Options
  • 23-02-2011 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

This is probably been asked many times but Im trying to set up a dot IE domain and it seems its more involved than setting up a dot COM.

Whats the best(with good admin features & good support) domain provider and hosting solution available out there if anyone has experience with this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

Blacknight.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Digiweb are selling them for 20.99 for the next few days. Cheapest I can find anyway. Hoping to get one off them before it expires

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

maddragon wrote: »
    Blacknight.

I second that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 man_nerss

A friend of mine has been going back and forth with Blacknight for over a week now. Also I took a look at their admin interface and I wasn't too impressed.
    I use GoDaddy for my dot COM and i find it brilliant.

I'll will look into Digiweb.

Is there a set of documents needed for the set up process. (I haven't researched it or anything in case anyone is thinking "why doesn't this dude Google it.")

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

Thor wrote: »
    I second that!

I third it! Same price as above with a special offer fro newcomers.

As for their CP, u can do far more in it and is more automated than hostingireland.ie and register365.ie - imho that is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Agreed, Blacknight are the bee knees. I love the way you can buy domains using a laser card. Also their support is great and the user cp for managing domains is very straight forward

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

WilliamOC wrote: »
    Digiweb are selling them for 20.99 for the next few days. Cheapest I can find anyway. Hoping to get one off them before it expires

Digiweb's support has gone to the dogs recently, I sent them about 6 support requests, none were answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

With out any shadow of a doubt you need to hit up Blacknight

Use them loads and couldn't ask for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭thecelt

I use digiweb,
    They have great customer service,
    I just logged on now as i was checking to see if they had go back to me about a query, and there it was waiting for me, response time was less than an hour and it wasnt even an important query!

Advertisement