Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to rent?

Options
  • 23-02-2011 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone could help me with some suggestions as to where in Dublin would be a good place to rent given our circumstances.

I don't have one single place of work - I float around between different areas, could be in Naas one day and Castleknock the next but most of my work would be in the Clondalkin/Tallaght/Lucan general area. I have a car and don't mind a bit of a drive but I really can't be late wherever I'm working so traffic wise I don't really want to be hitting big hot spots that are jammed every morning.

Himself works near the Stillorgan luas stop, and doesn't drive. He doesn't mind a bit of a commute, at the minute he gets the bus into town from Maynooth and then the Luas out to work but I'm starting to think we should move somewhere more suited to both of us as when he's working late he's not getting home til 9 as can take 2 hours to get home. I grew up in Maynooth and love it here and actually he likes it too but I'm looking for suggestions elsewhere. We currently pay 925p/m for a large 2 bed apartment and can't afford to pay too much more - does anybody have any suggestions as to where would be a good place to look? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

how about sandyford commercial estate? you are on luas line. You are also on m50 & N11 if you were in commerical estate, your bf could walk to work.

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1017046
    you also have dundrum shopping centre down the road, dundrum cinema, 2 local nightclubs etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Thanks for the suggestion - I think we'd kill each other in a 1 bed apartment, and can't stretch to a 2 bed in that area

Advertisement