Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mozilla Firefox not loading Internet explorer to slow!

• 23-02-2011 10:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭

Hows it going

Before I start I just want to say I'm not the most computer savy person in the world so bare with me :o

When I use the internet I use Internet Explorer 8 but the problem I have with it is that it's so slow! When I'm writing an email or even writing this it momentarily freezes for a split second which makes me leave out letters and that and it is so annoying! Even when I'm using facebook its almost as if the internet cant keep up with me!!

I previously used Mozilla Firefox and had no problems with anything like this before.

Anytime I click on Mozilla now the page just keeps on coming up saying problem loading page! Is there any way of fixing this or even anyway to speed up the Internet explorer??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

If you are using Windows Vista or 7 download Internet Explorer 9, it is so much better but not compatible with older versions of windows.

http://windows.microsoft.com/ie9

Another good option is google chrome which is much faster than firefox and ie8.

http://www.google.com/chrome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Danye wrote: »
    I previously used Mozilla Firefox and had no problems with anything like this before.

Anytime I click on Mozilla now the page just keeps on coming up saying problem loading page! Is there any way of fixing this or even anyway to speed up the Internet explorer??

you could try re-intall firefox.

go to control panel, add-remove programs, select mozilla firefox, un-install.

then re-install it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

Danye wrote: »
    When I'm writing an email or even writing this it momentarily freezes for a split second which makes me leave out letters and that and it is so annoying! Even when I'm using facebook its almost as if the internet cant keep up with me!!
    This doesn't sound like it's an internet problem or even a browser problem, it's simply a computer problem.

Do you have similar 'freezing' (for want of a better word) problems when trying to do other tasks? With the computer taking ages to load up a new program or respond to a command?

This most commonly (from my own limited experience) occurs due to a lack of RAM. If you open up the taskmanager and check the 'performance' tab, is the memory usage very high? If so, are there many processes running in the background that you don't need/use? Removing some of these may help.

In terms of getting FF running, a reinstall sounds like a good idea. It's more than likely a simple setting that needs to be changed. Having a fresh install with the default settings and the most recent version should help sort it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭colm21

I use Google Chrome its a much better broweser and is much faster than stuipd Internet Explorer. I refuse to use IE cause it is a really bad browser, because a lot of people use IE it is the most hacked and your more likely to get a virus by using it just my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 ElectricGirl

I had this problem as well and it turned out to be Spybot S&D.I had to turn off the optimisation option within the application and Firefox and IE started working again. Might be worth checking your Anti-Virus and Spyware program settings????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Danye

I have been meaning to drop in here and say thanks for a while and only getting around to it now..

I downloaded google chrome which is fantastic and also un-installed and then installed firefox again which also worked.

Thanks to everyone for the tips and advice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

firefox is crashing because it has a dodgy plugin installed

go to start > programs > firefox > firefox (safe mode)

this will start up firefox with all your plug in disabled.

then in firefox go to help > check for updates

this will update firefox

then go tools > addons > plugins tab

then run "search for updates" to update all your plugins to run with the new version of firefox

if the problem still persists you may need to enable one plug in at a time until you find the conflicting plugin

when you do just uninstall that plug in

Advertisement