Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circa €800 PC Build....

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 adam111111

adam111111 wrote: »
    there is a port in the mobo with 8 pins , but in the power supply cables i have no 8pins , i have 6 or 4 and the cables for sata connections !!!! so there is only one power connection from the power supply to the mobo , when i turn on the computer the power supply fan works also the cpu fan , but for a split second ,and that's it !! where is the problem here !!!! please help
    problem solved , i tried the 4 pin cable , and it worked . now goin back to the dvd burner , i found that they sell converters sata to ide .it sounds like this problem can b solved too ;)

i think i will stop posting now . thans guys for all your help this has been a great experience .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

tried using those sate to ide converters before and i found that didn't work unfotunatly =/
    bright side it's only just over €20 incl. delivery for a sata dvd+rw from dabs.ie

http://www.dabs.ie/products/sony-24x-dvd-rw-sata-black-bare-internal-drive-73PL.html?q=dvd%20rw

it'll save you less trouble trust me plus ide have become more obsolete also

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

ok,

Here is my build, I hope to order this in next day or so...Does it look ok? Balanced?

Also, does anyone know if hardwareversand apply the irish VAT rate or do they stick to their own 19% rate?

PC_Build.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

would downgrade the psu to a 550W because 750W is way too much overkill for a single card set-up and get a 6870 instead of the 5770 as it's newer and alot faster:

a good 550w psu:
    http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=30069&agid=1628

6870:
    http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=39467&agid=1004

Also it's alot cheaper just to get the DVD drive in bulk packaging and is just as good with the warenty:
    http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=29466&agid=699

Other than that everything is grand.
    And yes hwvs go by the German VAT rate of 19% rather than Ireland's VAT =D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

the money you save on the DVD drive should be put towards a better CPU cooler.
    the corsair A70 comes highly recommended, and not much more :)

http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=38536&agid=669

also, ive the storm scout, and its a really nice case! i paid alot more for it when i bought it though. *sigh*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Thanks for that, will look at making those changes.

For TEaBag...Will that heat sink fit the Coolermaster Scout ok?

i have put together a list of component for my next computer . could you please let me know what do you think of it !!

Intel Core i5 2500K
    G.Skill Ripjaws memory - 8 GB : 2 x 4 GB
    ASUS P8H67 B3 Revision - motherboard - ATX - LGA1155 Socket - H67
    Super Flower SF500A14A - power supply - 500 Watt

i have the rest figured out : the case + dvdburner + hard drive .
    i want the computer to be fast & quiet , plus all the components to be compatible together when assembled !!! do you reckon this is a safe choice ??
    thanx a lot

adam111111 wrote: »
    i have put together a list of component for my next computer . could you please let me know what do you think of it !!

Intel Core i5 2500K
    G.Skill Ripjaws memory - 8 GB : 2 x 4 GB
    ASUS P8H67 B3 Revision - motherboard - ATX - LGA1155 Socket - H67
    Super Flower SF500A14A - power supply - 500 Watt

i have the rest figured out : the case + dvdburner + hard drive .
    i want the computer to be fast & quiet , plus all the components to be compatible together when assembled !!! do you reckon this is a safe choice ??
    thanx a lot
    much better PSU: Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450W
    or a bit extra for a Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 550W

You need a P67 not a H67 motherboard if you want to OC.
    GPU?

whats your budget?
    and what resolution monitor will you be using?
    gaming or media?

thanx for the tip about the power supply , i wont b doing any OC , i will b using the computer mainly for media , doing video transcoding , rendering....
    about the monitor i think i will get a new one soon so i cant say i will b using this one for long time (1280 * 1024)
    what do you reckon is a good mobo to go with the cpu !
    budget delivery included €550 .
    thanx again

I'd be much more inclined to get a lower end Z68 motherboard than a H67. best of both worlds and leaves you room to upgrade in the future (and make use of that AVX for video transcoding) + Z58 will allow you to OC your CPU and onboard GPU, making everything that little bit snappier. definatlely will be noticable in transcoding anyway. get a big fast HDD now, and later add one of the upcoming cheapo 20gb intel SSD's, and make it a cache for the HDD, increasing the HDD's performance dramatically. this can only be done on a Z68 mobo.

you didnt state if you need an OS, so i left it out.
    This is an example build i did. delivery is an extra €30 and if you're feeling lazy, and seeing as its in budget, you could get them to put it together for €20.

personally, changes i'd make are getting a better Z68 mobo, but the next 1 up costs €155. also, you're going to be using a stock Intel CPU cooler, which is louder than a custom cooler, but a cheap replacement (Skythe mugen rev 2) is €30. depends on what you call "quiet". the stock cooler is fine for most people, and will allow an impressive OC.

160194.JPG

EDIT: before ordering, make sure everything is listed as "in stock"

• Advertisement

i agree with your choice , but i have to stick with an asus mobo (i have a ide dvdburner)that i need to use ; asus still do ide fortunately enough for me .
    what mobo do you reckon i should get , i'm planing to palce my order tomorrow evening or wednesday morning !!!
    good night

Hi there

does the intel i5 2500k supports 32 & 64 bits operating systems ? or only one of them (if yes , which one :o )

Thanx a lot .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Yeah the 2500k supports both 32 and 64 bit Operating systems.

Hi Burgo
    thank you very much for your help mate .

Advertisement