Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benburb Street 1940s Family Tree Mission

Options
  • 23-02-2011 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi all...this is my last chance so i'd be so grateful if anybody could help.

My gran, aged 83, told me last month that her brother John and wife Sheila moved to Benburb St. in the 1940s. They had a little girl called Mary. He died soon after and my gran has never met his little girl, her niece (well, she's around 65 now)

He was in the army (Permanent Defence Force) from 1937 to 1944.
    He was discharged due to illness before he passed away.

To put it bluntly, i'd like for my gran's niece to meet her before my gran dies and i'd hate to find out later that i could have found info. on boards.ie.............his surname was O'Brien and she remarried after his death.

Thanks

Comments

I've seen people make leaps and bounds with this sort of thing in the Genealogy/History & Heritage forum. You'd probably find some really great help over there.

Good Luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Feeded

I've seen people make leaps and bounds with this sort of thing in the Genealogy/History & Heritage forum. You'd probably find some really great help over there.

Good Luck :)

Thanks for the quick response....i'm going to check that out right now.

Thanks again true-or-false!!!!

Advertisement