Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which seems better

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Hard to tell really, I do like the style of both, each has their own thing to add to it. Do you know anyone that used either of these people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Depends on what type of style you like, from what I can see on both websites they seem to be mostly setup type shots (which are great if thats what you want)

Cant find definite prices on either site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

taste is such a personal thing, go with the one you can get the best reviews of, from people who they've worked with before. were they on time? were the prompt with the delivery of the finished goods? were they friendly and easy to have round the couple all day?

personally, both sites have so many obvious spelling and syntax errors that i barely noticed the photos. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

'Heroine' chic, indeed! Both sites look OK. Why not make appointments to meet them - a lot depends on how well you will hit it off personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Ken Doyle's shots look way better IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Another one for Ken Doyle, quality appears much better imo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I have had a look at both galleries but not every photo in them. Technically I think Ken Doyle is ahead of Sara Dalzell. There is more evidence of considered exposure control and the Post Production is more advanced. If you look at some of Sara's work you will see shots which really required a shallow depth of field but do not have them. The Mono's have not been very well converted and there is a lot of shadow & highlight detail missing.

However, looking at the Ken's Gallery there is bit more gimmickry evident. Some of the shots look over processed and the vignetting is very heavy handed for my eye. I also think he has done some things just because it looks cool and has not thought things through. An example of this is a pair of shots with the couple used to frame each other. On the first the Groom is shot through a frame of the Bride with her arm on her hip. This puts her in a pose which looks like she is scolding a bold child and he is now being dominated by an angry wife. The pair to this is the Bride shot between the legs of the Groom, which has a different message all together. I doubt these were intentional messages but to me is gimmicky style over substance.

In summary .... to me it looks like Sara is less techncal but seems to have more empathy with the couple whereas Ken is more tecnically competent but is into more gimmicks.

On balance between the two I would probably go for Sara. If it were open then I would choose neither as I would choose others I know (some from here) who I know would do a superior job to either of those examples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭joebloggs123

Thanks for the replies everyone. I have also asked for other suggestions if you have any so please feel free to recommend some one. We havent set on anyone so far, we are trying to see whats out there and who we like best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

I'd lean towards Ken between the two. The gallery on Sara's site all seem to be photos from 2009..?

One thing that would concern me is what appears to be sample pages from Ken's albums, the layouts leave some question in my mind as to what the finished product would look like.

Here's a short bit from a blog I did on finding a wedding photographer...

"As a final point, don’t forget that the photographer’s style also extends into the albums they offer and the design and layout of the albums. Be careful when it comes to album layouts that seem to be over designed and have elements that might be out of fashion by your first anniversary"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭joebloggs123

Thanks for that. I have checked out kens albums and they are very good. I know of one or two things that are done in albums that i dont like and i will be specifying to the photographer we pick what we dont want to see. One thing i hate is one photo being the background and 4/5 photos stuck on top. You cant even see the background photo and the combination rarely looks good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 studmystro84

Advertisement