Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up as a childminder at home any tips??

Options
  • 23-02-2011 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I would like to set up as a childminder from home. I have a preschool child so have experience with under 5's. To keep my options open and as i'm close to schools etc i would also do before and after school care. Apart from drop offs and pick ups, homework and a homecooked meal, what else would parents expect from their childcare provider? I have lots of equipment from my own child: toys, arts and craft stuff etc for preschoolers. What can i provide for afterschoolers to make my home more 'older school children friendly'.
    Also i have done research into ratios, registration, non registration, insurance, rates etc but would anyone have any tips on where to start? I want to give the best quality service i can as i would want that for my own child. :):):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Get a current child related first aid qualification, make sure you have a well stocked first aid kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Contact your local childcare committee. They are very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 google girl

thanks sharrow and deisemum. have added both suggestions to my checklist, there are loads of first aid courses to choose from, some will even come to your house! great service :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Your local childcare committee can organise first aid classes and they're usually subsidised.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

http://childminding.ie/ has lots of info

• Advertisement
Advertisement